Mirrored port setup o Omada managed ER706W

2024-05-23 07:50:36 - last edited 2024-05-27 07:49:41
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20240319 Rel.02617(4555)

OC 300 FW version 1.22.4 Build 20240304 Rel.59252

Hi all,

I am setting up a mirrored port in my ER706W for an offline IDS.

Unfortunately the port numbering in the GUI, when managed by an OC300, is quite odd and I am unable to reconcile the port numbers I see in the GUI with the default port numbers (WAN/LAN1 and so on), according to the port status (active or inactive) and the port role (can I mirror the WAN port?)

It looks like I can mirror offline ports, BUT not if the offline port is the USB port without a modem installed.

It looks like I can not mirror my WAN port, even if it is an Ethernet port...

This is my setup

WAN/LAN 1 SFP offline

WAN/LAN 2 Online WAN A

WAN/LAN 3 Offline WAN B

WAN/LAN 4 Online mirrored

WAN/LAN 5 Offline

WAN/LAN 6 Online LAN 1

USB empty

What I see in the GUI

Port 7 can not be selected (USB?)

Port 1 can be selected

Port 2 can not be selected (WAN?)

Port 3 can be selected

Port 4 can not be selected (mirroring port itself?)

Port 5 can be selected

Port 6 can be selected

Where can I find a formal naming map so that I can understand what can be done and what can't?

Is my understanding of the port numbering, correct?

Why can't I mirror my WAN?

Thank u in advance, kind regards

L.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mirrored port setup o Omada managed ER706W -Solution
2024-05-27 00:51:42 - last edited 2024-05-27 07:49:41

Hi @WideVisions

WideVisions wrote

@Clive_A you have the full description I'm my first post

I checked with the dev and it is about the hardware. This port cannot be mirrored due to hardware limitations. The #2, the WAN(RJ45), cannot be mirrored.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Mirrored port setup o Omada managed ER706W
2024-05-23 08:05:05

Hi @WideVisions 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

From the left to right, that's the order matching the 7 1 2 3 4 5 6. I locked your other post due to the repeated contents.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-05-23 08:46:00

@Clive_A Thank you very much. I am sorry but your webserver reported the other post as "failed" and I wasn't able to find it anymore, that's why I posted again.

Cheers.

L.

Options
2024-05-23 09:00:17

Hi @WideVisions 

WideVisions wrote

@Clive_A Thank you very much. I am sorry but your webserver reported the other post as "failed" and I wasn't able to find it anymore, that's why I posted again.

Cheers.

L.

Oh. OK. I saw different content, so I thought you repeated it.

Options
2024-05-23 09:05:43

@Clive_A yes I missed it and I had to rewrite the whole post :P ahah Anyway, about the mirroring configuration, from my understanding I can only mirror LAN ports, not WAN ports, cause I can't mirror my WAN A port. Is this correct?

Options
2024-05-24 00:57:40

Hi @WideVisions 

WideVisions wrote

@Clive_A yes I missed it and I had to rewrite the whole post :P ahah Anyway, about the mirroring configuration, from my understanding I can only mirror LAN ports, not WAN ports, cause I can't mirror my WAN A port. Is this correct?

You can mirror a WAN port. If a port is mirrored, then you cannot mirror it again.

Options
2024-05-24 11:00:49

@Clive_A there is something wrong then, because I can't select my WAN port as a source for the mirror port.

Options
2024-05-25 12:24:06

Hi  @WideVisions 

WideVisions wrote

@Clive_A there is something wrong then, because I can't select my WAN port as a source for the mirror port.

Paste the current mirroring status and the configuration page of your port mirroring. What port greys out?

Make sure your firmware of the controller and the router are both up-to-date. Will take a look at your case.

Options
2024-05-25 14:41:11

Options
Re:Mirrored port setup o Omada managed ER706W -Solution
2024-05-27 00:51:42 - last edited 2024-05-27 07:49:41

Hi @WideVisions

WideVisions wrote

I checked with the dev and it is about the hardware. This port cannot be mirrored due to hardware limitations. The #2, the WAN(RJ45), cannot be mirrored.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-27 06:57:50

@Clive_A ok thank you very much!

I mirrored the LAN port so it's no big deal, but now it makes sense because as I wrote, I wasn't able to reconcile the port numbers without considering that the WAN port can't be mirrored :)

Have a great day!

L.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 10

Related Articles