Help choosing right product

2024-05-25 15:08:51 - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi TP-Link Community,

I need to share Internet connection between two areas and I need some advice on available TP-Link outdoor products.

There is about 50m (150 feet) between the two areas and I can't add anything between this two points. At the source, I don't really need a large coverage since there's already a WiFi. At the destination, I need a coverage on about 10m (30feet) radius. Between the two areas, there is one tree, but I can see both antennas.

I first tried two EAP225 in mesh but the connection was really slow at the destination, around 15-20mbps and connection was often lost.

My first idea was to upgrade with two EAP650 instead, but since they are twice the price, I want to be sure it will improve the connection.

An other little bit cheaper option would probably be to setup a bridge with two EAP211 and add an normal indoor WiFi router at the destination.

What do you think about it? Is there any better way to achieve this setup?

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Help choosing right product -Solution
2024-05-28 06:44:20 - last edited 2 weeks ago

dmv418 wrote

@Hank21 Yes, it was the outdoor version with two external antennas.

So you said that building a bride would be more reliable than having two EAP650-outdoor in this situation?

Thanks

Hi @dmv418 

Correct, the performance of directional antenna is better than the omnidirectional antenna. You can refer to this link to learn further about how to better place the outdoor antenna.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Help choosing right product
2024-05-27 02:20:07

dmv418 wrote

Hi TP-Link Community,

I need to share Internet connection between two areas and I need some advice on available TP-Link outdoor products.

There is about 50m (150 feet) between the two areas and I can't add anything between this two points. At the source, I don't really need a large coverage since there's already a WiFi. At the destination, I need a coverage on about 10m (30feet) radius. Between the two areas, there is one tree, but I can see both antennas.

I first tried two EAP225 in mesh but the connection was really slow at the destination, around 15-20mbps and connection was often lost.

My first idea was to upgrade with two EAP650 instead, but since they are twice the price, I want to be sure it will improve the connection.

An other little bit cheaper option would probably be to setup a bridge with two EAP211 and add an normal indoor WiFi router at the destination.

What do you think about it? Is there any better way to achieve this setup?

Thanks for your help!

Hello @dmv418   

May I know the two EAP225 you have tested are EAP225-Outdoor? 

You can try the EAP211-Bridge kit and have another indoor/outdoor EAP connects to the second EAP211-bridge. But please note that the wireless connection is not guaranteed as it will be affected by the environment.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-27 13:58:00

So you said that building a bride would be more reliable than having two EAP650-outdoor in this situation?

Thanks

Options
Re:Help choosing right product -Solution
2024-05-28 06:44:20 - last edited 2 weeks ago

dmv418 wrote

Thanks

Hi @dmv418 

Correct, the performance of directional antenna is better than the omnidirectional antenna. You can refer to this link to learn further about how to better place the outdoor antenna.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 Little follow up of the setup, I bought an EAP215 bridge kit and add an old router at the end. The connexion is strong and fast now, that was a good advice. Thanks for your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 152

Replies: 4

Related Articles