TL-R470T+

TL-R470T+
TL-R470T+
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello, TP-Link team,

I have purchased a TL-R470T+ load balancer, and I have two ISP connections at home: ISP1 (fibre) and ISP2 (copper). Currently, both connections have their own Wi-Fi routers with different SSIDs.

Now I need to know the best way to configure both ISP’s on this load balancer. And also, for my home network, I need to use a wireless connection by connecting any wireless router to the LAN port of the load balancer.

• Do I need to have a media converter for ISP 1 as it has fibre connectivity, or can I connect the ISP1 Wi-Fi router to the TP-LINK LB via RJ45? (Not sure how to connect.)
  • For ISP2, do I need to connect cable coming to my house directly from ISP2, which is copper, directly to the TP-LINK LB, or the same way from the ISP2 wireless router to the TP-LINK LB?
  • Also, on the LAN port of TP-LINK LB, I want to connect a Wi-Fi router, so my house appliances use seamless internet as wireless.

Regards

PuneetP

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-R470T+-Solution

Hi @PuneetP 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. It depends. We cannot give you an answer to this. You may also consult if your ISP supports fiber to the router directly.

2. It is best to do so. The first option. 

3. You can do that but we recommend you set it to AP mode if possible. We recommend AP to be connected on the router to provide the WIFI instead of a WIFI router.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-R470T+-Solution

Hi @PuneetP 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. It depends. We cannot give you an answer to this. You may also consult if your ISP supports fiber to the router directly.

2. It is best to do so. The first option. 

3. You can do that but we recommend you set it to AP mode if possible. We recommend AP to be connected on the router to provide the WIFI instead of a WIFI router.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 70

Replies: 1

Related Articles