Chinese firmware 'FIT' AP, can they be managed by Omada?

2024-05-31 06:42:29 - last edited 2024-06-03 01:47:02

I found some tp-link wall APs that supposedly run "chinese" firmware.

apparently they can be configured standalone, and people have done so with the assistance of google translate.

I notice these units have a toggle for FIT / F@T access point modes. (FIT being controller operated, F@T standalone - i think?)

Does anyone know if Omada software controller or an OC200 etc can adopt these AP?

please note, the alternate word that i am trying to work other than FIT is being flagged as an offensive word for obese, so I cannot write it down without being resourceful so using the "@" symbol in liue of "A"

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Chinese firmware 'FIT' AP, can they be managed by Omada?-Solution
2024-06-03 01:46:57 - last edited 2024-06-03 01:47:02

Hi  @Soldiiier 

Simple answer: No, Omada controller can't manage them.

Sounds like you got some products only for China mainland sold. They have their own controller.

Soldiiier wrote

apparently they can be configured standalone, and people have done so with the assistance of google translate.

I notice these units have a toggle for FIT / F@T access point modes. (FIT being controller operated, F@T standalone - i think?)

Does anyone know if Omada software controller or an OC200 etc can adopt these AP?

please note, the alternate word that i am trying to work other than FIT is being flagged as an offensive word for obese, so I cannot write it down without being resourceful so using the "@" symbol in liue of "A"

Thanks.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Chinese firmware 'FIT' AP, can they be managed by Omada?-Solution
2024-06-03 01:46:57 - last edited 2024-06-03 01:47:02

Hi  @Soldiiier 

Simple answer: No, Omada controller can't manage them.

Sounds like you got some products only for China mainland sold. They have their own controller.

Soldiiier wrote

Thanks.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Chinese firmware 'FIT' AP, can they be managed by Omada?
2024-06-03 02:16:38
Thanks for the answer, I hasn’t bought them, just found them online and was interested as i want in-wall APs but there aren’t any with wifi 7 yet from Omada, (and not much from other companies to be fair either.
Options