5.14.x - Controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency / Circular Reference

5.14.x - Controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency / Circular Reference

40 Reply
Re:5.14.x - Controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency / Circular Reference
2024-07-14 02:21:30

maybe another clue:

When I run this on a machine that is relatively slow (so full omada startup takes about 2-3 minutes) I see the dependency/bean issue every time.

If I try the same steps on a more powerful machine where startup is around 30s-1 minute, it is starting cleanly and I have no issue.

I'm wondering if there is some race condition going on here?

Options
Re:5.14.x - Controller will randomly not start due to Unsatisfied dependency / Circular Reference
2024-07-14 02:52:39

@cmulk I will say that I have two identical VMs in my 6 machines I am testing on and it's one of the two identical VMs running on the exact same ESXi host where I see the problem so I am not sure if performance of the VM would be a trigger.

Options
2024-07-14 08:18:53 - last edited 2024-07-14 08:27:02

The same issue for me - reverted back to the latest 5.13 version.

However - a brand new, standalone Docker instance works as expected.

Where standalone means no cloud connection.

Didn't try to restore the backup from the 5.13 version

*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
2024-07-14 23:40:41 - last edited 2024-07-14 23:41:35

@mbentley 

i use bentleys docker omada controller

the 5.14 and beta both don't work. get the error that bootloops and never can start.

but downgrading to 5.13 it works fine.

I also tested standalone, that worked fine as well. But for controller, i had to downgrade the controller to 5.13

Fyi the AI wlan optimization does not work for me in 5.13

Someone said you had to update to newer version, but i am unable to. Hopefully there is a fix seeing as i'm not the only one with this issue

Fyi i am using truenas. With jailmaker to setup docker, which i self host bentleys omada controller docker container using dockge docker compose to deploy.

Options
2024-07-17 14:26:38

Hi TP-Link, is there any update on this? The silence is not comforting at all for anyone who relies on your software for our networks.

Options
2024-07-17 20:10:31

@Hank21 @Fae @Clive_A Could you look at this problem? Or is there any news? I can also not upgrade to 5.14.

Options
2024-07-17 20:11:34

@mbentley I am experiencing this as well, had to downgrade to 5.13 to get i back up running.

Options
2024-07-17 21:51:52 - last edited 2024-07-17 21:54:51

tp-link

this is my first omada eap (eap-773). I thought i'd try it and give you guys a chance (i was previously using a ubiquiti, so moving to tplink from that was not an easy decision because ubiquiti is very good), but you are dropping the ball here.

i was considering getting a 2nd purchase to then do mesh. But i might have to rethink those plans depending on how this plays out. I'm sure i am not the only one thinking this. So please do not dissapoint crying

we aren't expecting immediate miracles (though that would be nice). Just don't leave us in the dark and just let us know if you are handling this situation or not. Ty.

Options
2024-07-18 02:06:37

Hi @mooglestiltzkin 

We will do some improvement on next version. 

If you just want to use the Mesh function, you may consider our hardware controller like OC200, or use the windows version controller temporary.

mooglestiltzkin wrote

tp-link

this is my first omada eap (eap-773). I thought i'd try it and give you guys a chance (i was previously using a ubiquiti, so moving to tplink from that was not an easy decision because ubiquiti is very good), but you are dropping the ball here.

i was considering getting a 2nd purchase to then do mesh. But i might have to rethink those plans depending on how this plays out. I'm sure i am not the only one thinking this. So please do not dissapoint crying

we aren't expecting immediate miracles (though that would be nice). Just don't leave us in the dark and just let us know if you are handling this situation or not. Ty.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-07-18 02:11:09

@Fae 

ty so much for the heads up. we will trust and be patient. ty smiley

Options