Help me,switches in omada in unstable status,in 5 Seconds/between(Connected,hearbeat, disconnected)?

Help me,switches in omada in unstable status,in 5 Seconds/between(Connected,hearbeat, disconnected)?

2024-06-02 14:48:23 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Help me,switches in omada in unstable status,in 5 Seconds/between(Connected,hearbeat, disconnected , adopting , adopt fails)?

look at picture please

i checked all stp settings all configuration all ports in STP and Core switch with 8096 and other switches in 24546 STP number,

please help me what i can do to detect the problems ???

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Help me,switches in omada in unstable status,in 5 Seconds/between(Connected,hearbeat, disconnected)?-Solution
2024-06-03 02:31:59 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @MeowMeow 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no better way to fix it.

Here are some my suggestions:

1. Reset it and adopt it again. Will this persist? If it persists, it should be a problem with your cabling.

2. Check the wires and cabling. Something must be connected incorrectly. STP, if you did not enable and apply the settings to this specific switch(troubled one), it does not work for this one. And this might persist.

3. Remove unnecessary cables and find out if it is other devices looped instead of the switch.

Enable the STP on the rest of the switch. Check your log to see if there are any blocks.

A Port Being Blocked Showing in Controller Log - "xyz's port Gi 1/0/X Was Blocked"

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Help me,switches in omada in unstable status,in 5 Seconds/between(Connected,hearbeat, disconnected)?-Solution
2024-06-03 02:31:59 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @MeowMeow 

There is no better way to fix it.

Here are some my suggestions:

1. Reset it and adopt it again. Will this persist? If it persists, it should be a problem with your cabling.

2. Check the wires and cabling. Something must be connected incorrectly. STP, if you did not enable and apply the settings to this specific switch(troubled one), it does not work for this one. And this might persist.

3. Remove unnecessary cables and find out if it is other devices looped instead of the switch.

Enable the STP on the rest of the switch. Check your log to see if there are any blocks.

A Port Being Blocked Showing in Controller Log - "xyz's port Gi 1/0/X Was Blocked"

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Help me,switches in omada in unstable status,in 5 Seconds/between(Connected,hearbeat, disconnected)?
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Dear i did what you tell me , 

i measured fibers cable between to ends with devices for mesurement and the db loss is between - 1.5   and  -2.5 db 

But 

when i measure db signal that exit from tp link SFP module the signal is  between    -17 and -22

is that ok ?? 

or the problem from SFP module ? cause this happen with more than 10 SFP modules 

waiting your help 

Options
Re:Help me,switches in omada in unstable status,in 5 Seconds/between(Connected,hearbeat, disconnected)?
2 weeks ago

Hi @MeowMeow 

MeowMeow wrote

@Clive_A 

Dear i did what you tell me , 

i measured fibers cable between to ends with devices for mesurement and the db loss is between - 1.5   and  -2.5 db 

But 

when i measure db signal that exit from tp link SFP module the signal is  between    -17 and -22

is that ok ?? 

or the problem from SFP module ? cause this happen with more than 10 SFP modules 

waiting your help 

I don't have a comment or standard on the signal value you mentioned.

As I have already instructed you to do the troubleshooting one by one to filter and locate the problems.

Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

Ok , problem with SFP Modules , sending low signal dbm , TX Power is -25dbm , after change it with new sfp module now its -3dbm

now its working like charm yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 191

Replies: 4

Related Articles