Connecting 2 ER605 at different physical locations for a failover
Connecting 2 ER605 at different physical locations for a failover
2024-06-06 02:20:32
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have the following setup

Unit I

Two optic fibre ISPs connected to WAN1 and WAN2 of ER605. This LAN network is connected to LAN of Unit II using Ubiquiti Litebeam 5AC wirelessly.

Unit II

I have now setup a Wireless Broadand at Unit II. I wish to set this as a failover if the unit I optic fibre fails and provides internet to both unit I and unit II.

Please help.

Thanks in advance and best regards to all.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting 2 ER605 at different physical locations for a failover
2024-06-06 02:46:54 - last edited 2024-06-06 02:48:11

Hi @Raahul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please upload a diagram of what you described.

Don't follow what you said.

You should connect whatever the Internet source to the WAN ports on the ER605 to get the load balance. Don't make any sense if you connect anything in ER605 LAN and try to get it load balance/failover.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-07 05:39:15

@Raahul 

Thanks very much for you reply.

You are absolutely right in suggesting connecting internet source to WAN port.

But as I mentioned my ER605 is installed at Localion 1 with optic fibre internet source connected to its WAN. The lan port provide internet connectivity and sharing to local LAN both for Location 1 and Location 2 (connected to location 1 wireless using ubiquit Litebeam 5AC).

My issue is this : I have wireless broadband AIrfibre connection at Location 2. I want this AIrfibre connection to provide internet at Location 1 in case of optic fibre failure at Location 1.

Hence I had requested help to find out is there any way out if I can use a second ER605 at location 2 by some means to provide internet connection to location 1 in case of a failure.

Thanks in advance for any help and best regards

Options
2024-06-08 03:57:19

Hi @Raahul

Raahul wrote

@Raahul 

Thanks very much for you reply.

You are absolutely right in suggesting connecting internet source to WAN port.

But as I mentioned my ER605 is installed at Localion 1 with optic fibre internet source connected to its WAN. The lan port provide internet connectivity and sharing to local LAN both for Location 1 and Location 2 (connected to location 1 wireless using ubiquit Litebeam 5AC).

My issue is this : I have wireless broadband AIrfibre connection at Location 2. I want this AIrfibre connection to provide internet at Location 1 in case of optic fibre failure at Location 1.

Hence I had requested help to find out is there any way out if I can use a second ER605 at location 2 by some means to provide internet connection to location 1 in case of a failure.

Thanks in advance for any help and best regards

Can you draw a diagram for me to show me how you implement this? What are the interfaces you gonna use?

I get it that you want to do a failover, but don't follow how you connect them together. I cannot make judgement or suggestions based on the current given information.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 150

Replies: 3

Related Articles