Yet another SFP question
Yet another SFP question
2024-06-07 18:10:49

would like to connect

TL-SG3428MP
TL-SG2210P V3
ER707M2

FIrewall to switch 1

Switch 1 to switch 2   using  SFP ports.

They will all be rack mounted in the same room.  It is for home office/personal network.

Which are the most cost-effective transceivers?

I think I need a pair of SM321A and SM321B transceiver for each pair?

And each pair is connected with a DAC cable?

I think all of these devices are SFP but understand that SFP + cables are backwards compatible?

I don't want RJ45 connections?

Very confusing.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Yet another SFP question
2024-06-08 03:41:11

Hi  @lucianp

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Cost-effective, I would recommend you try our modules because we know they work without a problem. Others are not guaranteed for compatibility.

You may still try out other DAC or SFP modules.

We do have DAC package which you can get them and don't need to worry anything else. Just plug it in and it'll work.

About the backward compatibility, I think it is correct. 1Gbps is compatible. For the final answer to this question, please take a look at the datasheet of the model you consider.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Yet another SFP question
2024-06-08 08:59:55 - last edited 2024-06-08 09:07:47

@lucianp 

I use UC-DAC-SFP+  cable it is compatible with both 10GB and 1GB. I use it between an ER8411 and SG2428P switch and 1GB. DAC is the cheapest and the best choice if you are going to patch up components in the same computer room, TP-Link has SM5220-1M (TL-SM5220-1M) I don't know if this has 1GB, in the specification it says only 10GB,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 2

Related Articles