Ports not opening on gateway despite changing controller management default ports

Ports not opening on gateway despite changing controller management default ports

2024-06-14 02:55:24
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.13.30.20

Controller: OC200

Gateway: ER706W v1.0

Controller management ports were changed in the controller settings "System Settings > Access Config" section to the following

HTTPS Port for Controller Management: 1024

HTTP Port for Controller Management: 1025

The controller was then restarted

Port Forwarding ports 80 and 443 to a NGINX Reverse proxy and enabled.

Internally the ports route and forward just fine and i can get to the status page of the reverse-proxy.

However, testing the connection externally against the public IP, the 2 ports still appear closed as if the port-forwarding isn't applying. It's as if the lock on port 80 and 443 are still in place despite changing them on the controller and restarting it.

Is there anything i am missing here? Locks on the ports by something else?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ports not opening on gateway despite changing controller management default ports
2024-06-14 03:50:33

Hi  @pomong 

Please check the Internet IP address of your ER706W router, make sure it is the same IP as your public IP. You can go to whatismyip.com to check your public IP address.

It's on Devices list->choose the router->Right menu, choose the Online status WAN->IPv4 address. 

pomong wrote

Controller: OC200

Gateway: ER706W v1.0

Controller management ports were changed in the controller settings "System Settings > Access Config" section to the following

HTTPS Port for Controller Management: 1024

HTTP Port for Controller Management: 1025

The controller was then restarted

Port Forwarding ports 80 and 443 to a NGINX Reverse proxy and enabled.

Internally the ports route and forward just fine and i can get to the status page of the reverse-proxy.

However, testing the connection externally against the public IP, the 2 ports still appear closed as if the port-forwarding isn't applying. It's as if the lock on port 80 and 443 are still in place despite changing them on the controller and restarting it.

Is there anything i am missing here? Locks on the ports by something else?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Ports not opening on gateway despite changing controller management default ports
2024-06-14 04:45:09

Hi  @Fae 

Under the "overview" tab for the router, the Public IP listed is my internal IP address? Which according to other forum entries, is the registered IP to the controller from the gateway? Not entirely sure. 

However under the "WAN2" tab the Public IP is listed as my actual Public IP address.

Options
2024-06-17 00:31:18

Hi  @pomong 

The "public IP" on the overview page shows the IP address that this router communicates with the controller. 

The IP on the WAN port is the router's actual WAN IP. 

Have you gone to the wahtsmyip website to confirm it has the same IP as your WAN IP?

Also, you can try opening DMZ for your server IP, which means all ports will be open for your server. That will help you detect if it is a port forwarding issue. If DMZ still won't solve the problem, it's more likely not a port forwarding-related issue. Maybe check your server's gateway settings?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 3

Related Articles