EAP225 not working after power outage

2024-06-21 13:57:18 - last edited 2024-06-24 03:31:22
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 Build 20240313 Rel. 43415(4555)

I have the following setup:

• ISP Router
  • Switch TL-SL2428P - Hardware V5.0 - Firmware Version 5.0.7 Build 20240115 Rel.72847
    • in Port 1: Connection to ISP Router
    • in Port 2: EAP225 on a LAN Cat 6 cable (length about 10 meters) - Hardware V4.0 - Firmware 5.1.6 Build 20240313 Rel. 43415(4555)
    • in Port 3: EAP225 Outdoor on a LAN Cat 6 cable (length about 20 meters) - Hardware V3.0 - Firmware 5.1.6 Build 20240313 Rel. 43415(4555)
  • Customization: no VLAN setup, no other customization on any devices (except for SSIDs and Static IP addresses for all three devices).

Power Outage:

• after a power failure in my neighborhood (I don't have a UPS nor inverter), electricity comes back on after X time.
  • all network devices reboot, including ISP, Switch, EAP225 and EAP225 Outdoor
  • on Switch all control lights for all devices connected blink green (=Link is up)
  • I check the network and run a LAN Scan. All network devices are found, are accessible and work, EXCEPT for the EAP225 and the EAP225 Outdoor.
  • i try to access the two access points via browser with their IP addresses --> not possible

Makeshift intermediary solution

• i have to physically unplug the LAN cables of the two TP-Link Access Points from the Switch and plug them back in
  • then, after a brief time, the devices are visible on a LAN Scan, I can access them again via the internet browser, and they are accessible by clients
  • This is obviously not the right way of making these two devices work after a power outage.

QUESTION:

• Am I missing something in the settings of either the EAP225 access points and/or the Switch TL-SL2428P?
  • Can anyone help me please?

Thank you very much!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP225 not working after power outage-Solution
2024-06-24 03:26:08 - last edited 2024-06-24 03:32:08

@FaridS 

Regarding the issue you raised. I recommend that you apply PoE Auto Recovery to resolve the issue. Please choose the menu SYSTEM > PoE > PoE Auto Recovery Config.

With PoE Auto-Recovery enabled, the switch will constantly detect the data transmission with PoE powered devices (PD). When the switch finds that a PD stops sending data packets to the switch for a long period, the switch will reboot it automatically.

With the PoE Auto Recovery feature, the switch helps you monitor your PDs to ensure that they are functioning correctly without the intervention of a service technician.

There are two things worth mentioning:

A1: Before upgrading a connected PD, disable PoE Auto Recovery to avoid the PD’s damage.

A2: When a PD does not send data packets to the switch for a long period in certain scenarios (e.g. an IPC in sleep mode), disable PoE Auto Recovery to avoid the PD repeatedly rebooting.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 not working after power outage-Solution
2024-06-24 03:26:08 - last edited 2024-06-24 03:32:08

@FaridS 

Regarding the issue you raised. I recommend that you apply PoE Auto Recovery to resolve the issue. Please choose the menu SYSTEM > PoE > PoE Auto Recovery Config.

With PoE Auto-Recovery enabled, the switch will constantly detect the data transmission with PoE powered devices (PD). When the switch finds that a PD stops sending data packets to the switch for a long period, the switch will reboot it automatically.

With the PoE Auto Recovery feature, the switch helps you monitor your PDs to ensure that they are functioning correctly without the intervention of a service technician.

There are two things worth mentioning:

A1: Before upgrading a connected PD, disable PoE Auto Recovery to avoid the PD’s damage.

A2: When a PD does not send data packets to the switch for a long period in certain scenarios (e.g. an IPC in sleep mode), disable PoE Auto Recovery to avoid the PD repeatedly rebooting.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 239

Replies: 1

Related Articles