Router ER706W cant adopt by OC200

Tuesday
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi at all!

i have a little LAN with router ER706W and 2 EAP610, i want to use the pre-shared key for my WLAN. i have the Omada controller OC200. The problem is: the controller cant adopt router, with AP all is ok, but when i try to adopt ER706W appear this message "general error", no way to adopt it.

I didnt find anything about this error on web. 

Could anyone help me?

Thank you!!

Federico

Options
10 Reply
Re:Router ER706W cant adopt by OC200
Tuesday

Hi @Federico97 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Clear the cache and try again. If this persists, reboot the controller and the router.

If this does not resolve it, what's the controller version of your OC200?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Tuesday

Hi @Clive_A ,

Do you mean the cache of the browser?

The controller verson is 5.13.30.20 and build 1.29.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54362

I had already tried restarting them, and I used incognito mode

thanks!!

Federico

Options
Wednesday

Hi @Federico97 

Federico97 wrote

Hi @Clive_A ,

Do you mean the cache of the browser?

The controller verson is 5.13.30.20 and build 1.29.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54362

I had already tried restarting them, and I used incognito mode

thanks!!

Federico

Can you reset the router and try again?

If possible, please provide a screenshot of the error you see. Gotta confirm it.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Wednesday

Hi @Clive_A 

I tried to reset the router but the error persists, below is an image:

As you can see, once you click the "adopt" button, the "general error" message instantly appears

Options
Thursday

Hi @Federico97 

Federico97 wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

I tried to reset the router but the error persists, below is an image:

As you can see, once you click the "adopt" button, the "general error" message instantly appears

Hhmm. Do you have a VLAN? Or your subnet is not 192.168.0.1/24 and your controller is not in 192.168.0.1 as well?

What should I do when the Omada Controller (V4) fails to adopt the devices?

Q2 and understand that the subnet matters.

Which ports do Omada SDN Controller and Omada Discovery Utility use? (above Controller 5.0.15)

Options
Yesterday

Hi @Clive_A 

yeah sorry, mistake, when you reset router the default ip is 192.168.0.1, after that image i assigned to the router 192.168.1.51, the controller is 192.168.1.54.

But the error persist, no vlan.

Maybe I need to open ports on the router? even if it is the router itself to adopt

Thank you

Federico

Options
Yesterday

Hi @Federico97 

Federico97 wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

yeah sorry, mistake, when you reset router the default ip is 192.168.0.1, after that image i assigned to the router 192.168.1.51, the controller is 192.168.1.54.

But the error persist, no vlan.

Maybe I need to open ports on the router? even if it is the router itself to adopt

Thank you

Federico

Wait a second. Do you have two routers?

It should be this: WAN--ER706W--OC200 and AP.

I think you should draw a diagram for yourself at least in the very first post.

It still gives a feeling that you are doing everything not right.

Options
Yesterday

Hi @Clive_A 

yes i have modem (WAN) -> ER706W -> OC200 and AP.

i think the problem is the ER706W, in the past (2 month ago) i had ER605 router and no problem with adoption. The architecture is the same like now

Thanks

Options
Yesterday

Hi @Federico97 

Federico97 wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

yes i have modem (WAN) -> ER706W -> OC200 and AP.

i think the problem is the ER706W, in the past (2 month ago) i had ER605 router and no problem with adoption. The architecture is the same like now

Thanks

With the screenshot you provided above, you have a router using 192.168.0.1 while other stuff is located on 192.168.1.1, who assigned their IP addresses? Are they getting DHCP IPs? From ER706 which has a second interface providing 192.168.1.1?

If it does not have a second interface, where are the 192.168.1.1 IPs from?

Strange about what you described.

Options
Yesterday

Hi @Clive_A 

I attach the corrected image:

In router i have only this LAN:

The same was ER605, and it works but this ER706W nope

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 129