Votes

Please Support DHCP , ARP Snooping in Omada , This is the most important for security !

Votes

Please Support DHCP , ARP Snooping in Omada , This is the most important for security !

Wednesday - last edited Wednesday
Tags: #dhcp snooping
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Please Support DHCP Snooping +  ARP Snooping 

Its supported only in switch stand alone ! ,

but when you connect switches to omada then its not supported ! really ?

so now any one can kill your network by sending dhcp snooping  !

I strongly request you to support this feature

Options
2 Reply
Re:Please Support DHCP , ARP Snooping in Omada , This is the most important for security !
Thursday - last edited Thursday

Hi @MeowMeow 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is a Legal DHCP server in the Omada router. What would be the reason for you to request DHCP snooping and ARP snooping on which device?

You should try the CLI to configure features on the switch that are not available in the controller mode.

I also request you to provide the use scenario for this.

On which device do you request this feature? Switch? But if you use the router as the DHCP server, you should enable the features on the router which is the legal DHCP server.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Please Support DHCP , ARP Snooping in Omada , This is the most important for security !
Friday - last edited Friday

Thanks for your replay

I will explain to you

i have 7 Switches + OC200 + Gateway 7206 all linked together

i want dhcp snooping to prevent any one from create illegal dhcp server and distribute ip's to clients or exhaust all ip addresses.

arp inspection i didn't need any one from create his own static ip address and prevent illegal arp messages

this i need at any device ether switches or gateway ,  gateway can create dhcp server and switches same also , but iam using dhcp server in switch instead of gateway cause if gateway disconnect the local switch can do the job of dhcp server and provide ip's so at least local network work for printers and ... etc 

i want this feature in omada controller instead of using Device CLI , its important security features

i installed tp-link network and about 150 Clients using network so ofcurse its Under threat

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 62

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

dhcp snooping