MC200CM changes between v3 to v4.30

2024-07-02 13:23:30 - last edited 2024-07-08 02:42:51

Are there changes in version 4+ of the MC200CM on how the communication between 2 converters work?

I noticed that:

1. connecting the TX to the RX of the same unit reports the FX light

2. for 3 units, a, b and c; connecting the a-TX to b-RX does not light FX of either a or b. Additionally connecting c-TX to a-RX does not causes FX of a to light up. Most importantly, no data gets from a to b. This all happens even if all 3 units have working ethernet links (TP lights blinking).

I have read about the second experiment working in version 3 while using force, so I am wondering if the conditions required to send data have changed.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MC200CM changes between v3 to v4.30-Solution
2024-07-03 08:11:56 - last edited 2024-07-08 02:42:51

Hi @freddyrios 

For MC200CM V4, the LED lights are simple. FX lights on means there is a valid link on fiber connection. Flashing means there are data transmitting. 

Connecting the a-TX to b-RX won't make a connection, the network connection is two-way. You have to also connect a-RX to b-TX. 

freddyrios wrote

Are there changes in version 4+ of the MC200CM on how the communication between 2 converters work?

I noticed that:

2. for 3 units, a, b and c; connecting the a-TX to b-RX does not light FX of either a or b. Additionally connecting c-TX to a-RX does not causes FX of a to light up. Most importantly, no data gets from a to b. This all happens even if all 3 units have working ethernet links (TP lights blinking).

I have read about the second experiment working in version 3 while using force, so I am wondering if the conditions required to send data have changed.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:MC200CM changes between v3 to v4.30-Solution
2024-07-03 08:11:56 - last edited 2024-07-08 02:42:51

Hi @freddyrios 

For MC200CM V4, the LED lights are simple. FX lights on means there is a valid link on fiber connection. Flashing means there are data transmitting. 

Connecting the a-TX to b-RX won't make a connection, the network connection is two-way. You have to also connect a-RX to b-TX. 

freddyrios wrote

I noticed that:

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:MC200CM changes between v3 to v4.30
2024-07-12 13:30:25 - last edited 2024-07-12 13:30:45

@Fae the reason I asked what has changed in version 4 is becaused these 2 projects got 1 way links working in version 3 by having a third converter hooked to the sender, so that it sees a signal in its Rx:

While I no longer need to experiment with the above, the difference does makes me wonder if the change in v4 can have implications in normal 2 ways links if one of the directions breaks/fails (affecting UDP traffic in the other direction).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 2

Related Articles