No switch exists in the local area network shows up in Easy Smart Configuration Utility

No switch exists in the local area network shows up in Easy Smart Configuration Utility

2024-07-08 18:36:01 - last edited 2024-07-10 01:42:34
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: TL-SG108E(UN) 6.0_1.0.0_20230218

i recently bought TL-SG108E off amazon. i tried to access web console using IP but it didndt show up. so, i installed Easy Smart Configuration Utility and tried searching the switch though it. it did show up. i was able to change the password of the switch. I tried updating the firmware by going to tp link. i downloaded TL-SG108E(UN) 6.0_1.0.0_20230218.zip and tried updating. that update failed and after that the switch is not showing up inte the utlity. I reset the switch by pressing reset button but it is still not showing up. However, the devices connected through it are still showing up. i am able to access them without any problem. My original purpose of doing all this to access admin panel and do some network configuration. right now its acting like a unmanaged switch.

Btw, here is the amazon like of the item i bought https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K4DS5KU

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No switch exists in the local area network shows up in Easy Smart Configuration Utility-Solution
2024-07-09 02:02:49 - last edited 2024-07-10 01:42:34

Hi @managedswitch 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The update failed. Will that switch supply Internet now? If it does not, it might become broken(bricked).

The update should be using the .bin file after you unzipped it. Did you upload the .bin?

If it supplies Internet as usual, then it is not bricked. Now, you should make sure the computer and the switch are connected to the same network(to the same router).

You can go to the router client list to look for the IP address of the switch as it is getting a DHCP IP from the router.

The discovery of the utility relies on the same network as well. So, please make sure they are both in the same network.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:No switch exists in the local area network shows up in Easy Smart Configuration Utility-Solution
2024-07-09 02:02:49 - last edited 2024-07-10 01:42:34

Hi @managedswitch 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The update failed. Will that switch supply Internet now? If it does not, it might become broken(bricked).

The update should be using the .bin file after you unzipped it. Did you upload the .bin?

If it supplies Internet as usual, then it is not bricked. Now, you should make sure the computer and the switch are connected to the same network(to the same router).

You can go to the router client list to look for the IP address of the switch as it is getting a DHCP IP from the router.

The discovery of the utility relies on the same network as well. So, please make sure they are both in the same network.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Related Articles