ER7212PC Port Statistics or Counters

2024-07-08 23:44:11 - last edited 2024-07-09 01:34:45
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi All, 

I'm hoping this is a fairly simple question. Apologies for the triviality of it. 

I am using an ER7212PC to manage a few APs and a few wired devices. Sufficient for the business needs at present. 

However there is some behaviours I am trying to debug.

I'm guessing I've got some bad cables. Without a cable tester on hand though I was hoping to look at port statistics for dropped packets etc. However I can't find this anywhere in the ER7212PC web interface or app. 

Can anyone please direct me where to find this? 

Many thanks. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER7212PC Port Statistics or Counters-Solution
2024-07-09 01:34:31 - last edited 2024-07-09 01:34:37

Hi @Mmee 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It does not work in that way. The count is merely counting the packets or frames rejected or discarded. It does not express what happened to the electrical signal inside the plastics which is what you want to verify if the cable goes bad or not.

Not the same thing/concept. Go get a cable tester.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:ER7212PC Port Statistics or Counters-Solution
2024-07-09 01:34:31 - last edited 2024-07-09 01:34:37

Hi @Mmee 

It does not work in that way. The count is merely counting the packets or frames rejected or discarded. It does not express what happened to the electrical signal inside the plastics which is what you want to verify if the cable goes bad or not.

Not the same thing/concept. Go get a cable tester.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER7212PC Port Statistics or Counters
2024-07-09 01:45:21

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your quick response. 

I appreciate a cable tester would be ideal, but right now I would like to look at port statistics until I have a cable tester in hand. 

So my question still stands, is there a location to do this on the ER7212PC Web interface or through the app? 

Thanks

Options
2024-07-09 01:57:23

Hi @Mmee 

Mmee wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your quick response. 

I appreciate a cable tester would be ideal, but right now I would like to look at port statistics until I have a cable tester in hand. 

So my question still stands, is there a location to do this on the ER7212PC Web interface or through the app? 

Thanks

The stats do NOT reflect what happens to the electric signal inside the cable. If you think that can reflect, we are not held responsible for any misjudgement in your cables.

For the wired connections and in controller mode, there is no place to look at the port transmission like the EAP, regardless of the model.

In the standalone mode, the router, you have this page but it does not display the discarded packets. Switch in standalone can display the counts in a similar way.

Options
2024-07-09 02:02:38
Roger, thanks Clive. Not the answer I wanted but at least i know. Thanks.
Options
2024-07-09 02:09:41

Hi @Mmee 

Mmee wrote

Roger, thanks Clive. Not the answer I wanted but at least i know. Thanks.

The EAP supports the wireless packet counts but for the wired products, they have such a count in standalone mode. But your ER7212PC, cannot switch to the standalone mode.

The Switch Status (Insight) in controller mode can display the supported switch RX and TX but it does not give details about that like the standalone.

Still the reliable way is to use a cable tester.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 5

Related Articles