Archer GE800 , Range and speed
2024-07-09 09:25:11
Model: Archer GE800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

Just got the  Archer GE800 to update my Archer C5200

I have the following issues

1-    In some rooms ( around 6 meters away ) I get not less than 75% of the signal , but the speed is very slow, my connection is speed is 1gb , but what I get 3-5mb, i tried the smart connect , 6ghz, 5ghz,      2.4ghz, and the MLO , all the same.

my older AC5200 game me much better speed

2-   The 6Ghz sometimes disappear, or won't connect.

3-    MLO is slower than 2.4/5Ghz ( Smart connect )

problem 2 & 3  , maybe will be solved with firmware update, or is it something wrong with the router?

But number 1 , is the main problem for me, why do i have good signal but really poor speed?

I even tried an extender ( RE650 ) just to see the result , the 2.4ghz in the extender connected to the router with no issue, but the 5ghz did not.
i tried both smart connect or separate the 2.4 and 5ghz in the router, still the extender could not connect to the 5ghz. whenever I scan for available network , the router 5Ghz never shows up.

So , is there any special setting I need to do  , wait for an update , return the router, or go for other brand?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer GE800 , Range and speed
2024-07-10 07:35:49

@Yousef17 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Please do not worry, we need to confirm some details with you to understand your situation better. If necessary, we will escalate your case to senior support.

1. Please make sure QoS feature is off following this guide first. And you may refer to this troubleshooting guide

2. Which device did you use to do speed test? What speed test tool did use? Please test speed via www.speedtest.net on your computer on 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz wifi band separately, and share us the screenshots of the results. 

3. We also need to confirm link speed when your computer is connected to 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz wifi band separately. Please share the screenshots of the results follow this method.

4. May I confirm which device you have that can support 6GHz connection. Please share their model and OS,  and share the screenshot of your 6GHz settings.

Thanks so much for your cooperation.

Options