"General error" when trying to adopt an ER7206
"General error" when trying to adopt an ER7206
2024-07-09 12:48:56 - last edited 2024-07-17 12:00:27
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.29.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54362

Hello,

I hope that I am at the right place.

A client of us has a controller OC200, a router ER7206, a sd3452 and a sg3452P switches and two EAP245.

We had no issue adopting the switches and the EAP, as opposed to adopting the router.

The router and the controller are in the same subnet and it is discovered by the controller as Unknown devices in the Global View.
When I try adopting the router, I receive an error "general error" and the status stays on "adopting". Then when I refresh the page, the status is back at the "pending" status.

I also noticed that I received "general errors when I am on the client site > Settings > Wired Networks (either on "internet" and 'LAN" tabs).

Not sure if the issue comes from the router (which i can access with its ip) or the controller.

Do you have any idea where the issue can come from ?

Thanks for your advice.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"General error" when trying to adopt an ER7206-Solution
2024-07-17 11:58:43 - last edited 2024-07-17 12:01:26

@Vincent-TP 

Thank you, the problem is solved.

I was first asked to send configuration files, and they looked OK.

I was then asked to create a new site and try to adopt the omada router, which seems to have worked fine.
We moved the other devices to the new site and now eveyrthing is adopted and working fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:"General error" when trying to adopt an ER7206
2024-07-10 03:46:20

Hi  @Mhauniwan 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!
To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240720229, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!
Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.
Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2024-07-17 10:17:26

@Mhauniwan 
I have the very same issue with adopting ER605. This simply does not work.
Controller displays a pop-up message GENERAL ERROR almost instantenously after hitting ADOPT on the gateway.
Exactly the same behaviour in many different areas of the controller relating to LAN settings or anything in conjuntion with the gateway, which is to provide relevant information.

Yet there were no issues with adopting Access Points or switch.

Resetting the router to factory defaults and starting afresh did nothing in my case. Neither did connecting the controller (in my case self hosted on ubuntu) directly to the router, bypassing the switch and adopting when directly connected.

Could you please update here when you get some clarity on the ticket that has been raised for you with TP Link please ?

Options
Re:"General error" when trying to adopt an ER7206-Solution
2024-07-17 11:58:43 - last edited 2024-07-17 12:01:26

@Vincent-TP 

Thank you, the problem is solved.

I was first asked to send configuration files, and they looked OK.

I was then asked to create a new site and try to adopt the omada router, which seems to have worked fine.
We moved the other devices to the new site and now eveyrthing is adopted and working fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-17 12:00:13
@arturL The problem was solved by creating a new site and adopt the router on this new site. We then moved all the other devices to this new site and now everything is working as it should. Hope it helps
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 4

Related Articles