New Router and Switch for Networking - Network Diagram

2024-07-14 04:58:37 - last edited 2024-07-22 03:25:45

I am looking to take as much advantage of 2.5Gb connections as I possibly can. I need to make sure I am thinking correctly about how to best wire the network and make sure I am getting the proper TP-Link router and switch. I want to be able to control them via the Omada OC300 Controller that is already in the network. I have included the current and potential network diagram below.

Comments and recommendations are most welcome. Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Router and Switch for Networking - Network Diagram-Solution
2024-07-18 01:09:16 - last edited 2024-07-22 03:25:45

Hi @ScoobieD 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ScoobieD wrote

Updated... still using the Flashtor NAS, but did not include it for now.

Doable. The only thing is the CAT6 30-meter cable between two switches. If this does not link up to 10Gbps, check if the cable is okay and can support 30-meter 10Gbps.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:New Router and Switch for Networking - Network Diagram
2024-07-15 01:43:45

Hi @ScoobieD 

It looks good to me. No issue found.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-17 17:28:43 - last edited 2024-07-17 17:32:51

Options
Re:New Router and Switch for Networking - Network Diagram-Solution
2024-07-18 01:09:16 - last edited 2024-07-22 03:25:45

Hi @ScoobieD 

ScoobieD wrote

Doable. The only thing is the CAT6 30-meter cable between two switches. If this does not link up to 10Gbps, check if the cable is okay and can support 30-meter 10Gbps.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-18 02:11:41

Yep... gonna try it and worse case I'll replace the cable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 4

Related Articles