iOS password incorrect issue

2024-07-21 16:33:43 - last edited 2024-07-22 08:23:07

Hey,

I set up an Omada Network with ER605 as Gateway behind ISP modem, SG2008P as switch, and several EAPs 615-wall and 653. The network was working without any issues until today. After the latest firmware update for the ER605 and the SG2008P I got issues with several Apple devices. My iPads (older version with also older iOS 12.5.7) will report incorrect password. I tried to hard restart the iPads, forgot network and added them again, reset network settings, nothing would fix it. I tried to reduce security to WPA2 and also deactivated 5GHz. If i set up a new Wifi-SSID it will work fine but not with the existing networks. I had the same issue with MacBookPro M1, but could fix it by forgetting the network and adding it again.

I don't wanna change the SSIDs on 50+ devices just to get this 2 iPads to work. Anyone got any suggestion to fix this or has the same issue?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:iOS password incorrect issue-Solution
2024-07-22 08:23:03 - last edited 2024-07-22 08:23:07
@Hank21 The issue came on after updating the firmware of the router and switch (and also the 615-wall the day before), it was working fine before. After trying I could get it back to working state after disabling 802.11r in the wireless settings. Maybe it's an Apple issue but they won't fix anything for devices that won't support their newest iOS version. The devices won't even support 802.11r but there seems to be some miscommunication between the devices if this option is enabled after the updates. Maybe this solution can fix other peoples problem too.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:iOS password incorrect issue
2024-07-22 01:11:24 - last edited 2024-07-22 01:11:33

Hi @Brotnascher 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

As this is not a wired issue, I will move your case to the wireless EAP page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:iOS password incorrect issue
2024-07-22 06:32:58

@Brotnascher 

Could you please try contacting Apple's help to resolve this issue? You can look into this issue on Google, and there are several topics stating that an iOS device cannot connect due to an incorrect username and password. I do not believe there is a problem or software issue with our product.

Solved! iPhone & iPad Says Incorrect WiFi Password but It Correct!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:iOS password incorrect issue-Solution
2024-07-22 08:23:03 - last edited 2024-07-22 08:23:07
@Hank21 The issue came on after updating the firmware of the router and switch (and also the 615-wall the day before), it was working fine before. After trying I could get it back to working state after disabling 802.11r in the wireless settings. Maybe it's an Apple issue but they won't fix anything for devices that won't support their newest iOS version. The devices won't even support 802.11r but there seems to be some miscommunication between the devices if this option is enabled after the updates. Maybe this solution can fix other peoples problem too.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 3

Related Articles