TP-Link ER605 DHCP from Windows Server 2019
2024-07-22 06:55:26
Tags: #er605
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

i have following scenario:

My subnet: 192.168.2.0/24 ( DHCP from Windows Server 192.168.2.10 )

Gateway: 192.168.0.1 ( LANCOM Router)

Omada Mgmt IP: 192.168.0.1

1. i can't configure a new WAN IP from 192.168.2.0/24 and have same wired subnet, it's not possible, is not working on ER605, there's a error message while configuring.

2. i can't set a different WAN IP, example 192.168.3.1, then there is no internet connection then, even if i set gateway 192.168.2.1 or DNS 192.168.2.10

my intention is to get IP addresses on wifi devices from windows dhcp server.

any ideas / solutions for this topic ?

regards

adumin  

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link ER605 DHCP from Windows Server 2019
2024-07-23 01:38:23

Hi @adumin 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Specify the error.

2. Of course it is no Internet when you use 192.168.3.1. I don't know why you choose that IP address but I think you might need some study on the IP, subnet and gateway.

It is clearly wrong to use 192.168.3.1 in your described network.

DNS 192.168.2.10, does it support the DNS function? Does Windows Server DHCP have an upstream DNS server? It does not query the upstream, then it cannot be a proper DNS server or you have a different way to store the DNS on the Win server which is not explained in your description?

Lastly, the question you asked, you should consider getting a switch instead of a router. Simply based on what you described.

But you can also try to use the DHCP relay function for what you asked.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-23 06:30:25

@Clive_A  Thanks for your time & reply.

1. Windows Server = DHCP + DNS

2. Tried already Relay = no internet

3. It's not important to use default subnet of 192.168.0.1

you should use what you need, right!

4  therefore my default should be 192.168.2.0

But when i configure (4) then there is no internet AND

i can't configure a new wired subnet, because default subnet (4) and WAN IP are from same subnet (4).

#

i need default subnet, because DHCP + DNS is from Windows Server + need WIFI SSID for it's subnet (4)

#

what do mean to configure it on switch and what ois  to configure there ?

kindly

adumin

Options
2024-07-24 01:50:33

Hi @adumin

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

adumin wrote

@Clive_A  Thanks for your time & reply.

1. Windows Server = DHCP + DNS

2. Tried already Relay = no internet

3. It's not important to use default subnet of 192.168.0.1

you should use what you need, right!

4  therefore my default should be 192.168.2.0

But when i configure (4) then there is no internet AND

i can't configure a new wired subnet, because default subnet (4) and WAN IP are from same subnet (4).

#

i need default subnet, because DHCP + DNS is from Windows Server + need WIFI SSID for it's subnet (4)

#

what do mean to configure it on switch and what ois  to configure there ?

kindly

adumin

Checked this with the team.

So, the DHCP relay requires a DHCP server residing in the LAN. Instead of the WAN(over NAT). So, it cannot work.

I am afraid that this cannot be done. Unless we support disabling the NAT function.

However, disabling the NAT, would make the router less "router". Losing its essence. And it falls back to the previous I recommend you use a switch instead of a router unless you have a specific reason for that.

And that's beyond the normal use case we have. I may not be able to give you the proper suggestions.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 3

Tags

er605
Related Articles