Changing a gateway ACL blocks EVERYTHING

2024-07-24 00:28:19
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have noticed when I edit a Gateway ACL on my ER707-M2, it seems that ALL traffic is blocked for about a minute or so.  I currently have 5 Gateway ACLs and 10 Switch ACL's (0 EAP).  Should it do this?  Is this expected behavior?  It's fine if it is, I can adjust my procedures.  Just want to make sure there isn't something I am doing wrong.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Changing a gateway ACL blocks EVERYTHING
2024-07-24 01:08:52

Hi @muzicman0 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you use ping to verify that there is a small no response while you are editing the gateway ACL?

Try to ping the default gateway to see if there is a small drop. If you ping other devices, make sure they are wired to the router before you run the tests.

In my past experience with the gateway ACL, it should not have a noticeable drop. It should reapply the settings while you edit that. But basically should not be noticeable.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-24 03:55:51

@Clive_A Thanks for the reply.  In the 2 cases I have seen this today, I was outside the local network (using my VPN from home - but not one of the Omada VPN options, we use Tailscale) and my connections were disconnected every time I hit apply when changing a rule.  I was no longer able to connect for at least 1 minute.  So I am not sure if it is only incoming connections?  

Options
2024-07-24 05:48:04

Hi @muzicman0 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

muzicman0 wrote

@Clive_A Thanks for the reply.  In the 2 cases I have seen this today, I was outside the local network (using my VPN from home - but not one of the Omada VPN options, we use Tailscale) and my connections were disconnected every time I hit apply when changing a rule.  I was no longer able to connect for at least 1 minute.  So I am not sure if it is only incoming connections?  

Tailscale.. I don't have a comment on it. It could reestablish the incoming connection. I don't recall experiencing anything like this when I changed ACL in LAN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 3

Related Articles