Coaxail Cable and my switch MoCA

2024-07-28 17:46:19 - last edited 2024-07-29 02:14:32
Model: LS105G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day, I am a biginner user and have purchased the LS105G switch.

When I plug in the ethernet cable into my laptop I am getting roughly 500mbps.

When I plug the ethernet cable into the switch I get just below 100mbps

Is this what a switch does or is it the model I purchased?

many thanks

Robert

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Coaxail Cable and my switch MoCA-Solution
2024-07-29 02:14:24 - last edited 2024-07-29 02:14:32

Hi @RobDIY 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please make sure your cable is a CAT5e. The cable is written with this number and category. If the cable is not a CAT5e, then anything below CAT5e is 10/100Mbps rated.

So, swap with a good CAT5e. The uplink to the router should be a CAT5e as well. Then you should get a 500Mbps from it if nothing goes wrong.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Coaxail Cable and my switch MoCA-Solution
2024-07-29 02:14:24 - last edited 2024-07-29 02:14:32

Hi @RobDIY 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please make sure your cable is a CAT5e. The cable is written with this number and category. If the cable is not a CAT5e, then anything below CAT5e is 10/100Mbps rated.

So, swap with a good CAT5e. The uplink to the router should be a CAT5e as well. Then you should get a 500Mbps from it if nothing goes wrong.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Coaxail Cable and my switch MoCA
2024-07-29 06:55:38

@Clive_A 

GENIUS! Thank you very much. The cable I had used was CAT5.

Many thanks,

Rob

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 2

Related Articles