ER605 V2 Firmware - latest doesn’t show in Omada Software Controller

2024-08-06 18:30:55 - last edited 2024-08-07 09:26:33
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

When I installed this router last month it upgraded to ER605(UN)_V2.6_2.2.3

the next day it showed ER605(UN)_V2.6_2.2.4 was available and I upgraded. 

since then it finds no new updates. However, ER605(UN)_V2.6_2.2.5 is the last available update released 2024-06-14. 

I know I can download and manually load the update but I was hesitant to because if the controller doesn't see it then should I be forcing it? And then why actually doesn't the controller see it?

It says the update is to "Fix security vulnerabilities and platform issues" so it would seem like that would be something important it would want updated right?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 V2 Firmware - latest doesn’t show in Omada Software Controller-Solution
2024-08-07 02:13:28 - last edited 2024-08-07 09:26:33

Hi @Jynx 

Jynx wrote

@Clive_A  Thank you, so then I should be on /us/ and there is a delay so it only shows 2.2.5 as the latest and not 2.2.6 but that doesn't explain why the Omada Software Controller does not see there is an update to 2.2.5 when 2.2.5 is available for download on the /us/ support page. I'm on 2.2.4 and no matter how many times I check for an update it says there is none when I can see 2.2.5 is available for download and has been since June...

Update:

The 2.2.6 will be pushed. 2.2.5 is out-of-date and 2.2.6 will be pushed recently.
As 2.2.6 was recently released, it is under the process of the cloud-push procedure.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:ER605 V2 Firmware - latest doesn’t show in Omada Software Controller
2024-08-06 18:37:58
And actually I just found a forum post for the official release of 2.2.6 for August but it’s not even on the products support page. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/681714
Options
2024-08-06 19:14:31

Why are there 2 product support pages for the same router with the same firmware but 1 shows the newer firmware from yesterday and the other doesn’t. 

What is the difference between /en/ and /us/ ?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/er605/v2/#Firmware

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er605/v2/#Firmware

Options
2024-08-07 00:51:25

Hi @Jynx 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Jynx wrote

Why are there 2 product support pages for the same router with the same firmware but 1 shows the newer firmware from yesterday and the other doesn’t. 

What is the difference between /en/ and /us/ ?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/er605/v2/#Firmware

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er605/v2/#Firmware

Plain as what you think. Different country codes.

It is a very common way for every global vendor.

The /en/ is the global site and which is under HQ maintenance. The rest of the websites are maintained by the local company. It is accepted that there is a delay in their update.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-07 01:18:35

@Clive_A  Thank you, so then I should be on /us/ and there is a delay so it only shows 2.2.5 as the latest and not 2.2.6 but that doesn't explain why the Omada Software Controller does not see there is an update to 2.2.5 when 2.2.5 is available for download on the /us/ support page. I'm on 2.2.4 and no matter how many times I check for an update it says there is none when I can see 2.2.5 is available for download and has been since June...

Options
2024-08-07 01:28:39

Hi @Jynx 

Jynx wrote

There is also a practice on the Controller. This practice is that some firmware is not cloud-pushed. I am not certain of this because I am not on the firmware-releasing team.

But we do have this practice of skipping a version or several versions from the cloud push. The upgrade can only be done manually if it is the situation you experience.

But if you say that since 2.2.4, you don't have any notifications about 2.2.5 and 2.2.6, that'd be very odd.

Will report this to the related teams. They'll take a look at the cloud push system.

If you need to upgrade now, please manually upgrade it. The team needs time to review and check the system.

Options
Re:ER605 V2 Firmware - latest doesn’t show in Omada Software Controller-Solution
2024-08-07 02:13:28 - last edited 2024-08-07 09:26:33

Hi @Jynx 

Jynx wrote

Update:

The 2.2.6 will be pushed. 2.2.5 is out-of-date and 2.2.6 will be pushed recently.
As 2.2.6 was recently released, it is under the process of the cloud-push procedure.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-07 09:22:56 - last edited 2024-08-07 09:24:23

@Clive_A thank you for following up. I'll keep an eye out for it. Just one last question in regards to the sites I should be using. This router was purchased on Amazon, so the package could have initially come from anywhere. Should I specifically follow the /us/ site only for things or is the /en/ typically going to contain the same information?

Options
2024-08-07 09:26:20

Hi @Jynx 

Jynx wrote

@Clive_A thank you for following up. I'll keep an eye out for it. Just one last question in regards to the sites I should be using. This router was purchased on Amazon, so the package could have initially come from anywhere. Should I specifically follow the /us/ site only for things or is the /en/ typically going to contain the same information?

Package contents should be universal. Same on every website. Recommend you follow the global site if you are looking at a wired product. If wireless, please follow the regulations and follow it up on your local website.

Options
2024-08-07 09:32:16

@Clive_A well I said it was the last question but your answer gave me another, why the site distinction between wired or wireless? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 9

Related Articles