Detection/Alarm occuring outside of Set Detection Area

2024-08-08 00:43:17 - last edited 2024-08-08 00:50:02
Model: VIGI C540V  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 240512 Rel.70760n

Hi there

I have a Detection Area set up for the unit for Human and Vehicle detection, however I am getting notifications and the alarm is going off for Human detection outside of the Detection Area.

All firmware is up to date. This seems like a massive bug.

Detection Area:

Camera Position:

Object Not Entering Detection Area, Notification Received and Alarm going off:

Video of alarm/notification outside of Detection Area:

https://youtu.be/DzBmSMur9s0 (see youtube link for video)

Please can someone help me understand what's going on here?

Options
10 Reply
Re:Detection/Alarm occuring outside of Set Detection Area
2024-08-09 02:41:55

Hi @keegs53 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Your provided information is very clear about the issue.

Yet, can I know what's the message like on your phone? Is it triggering the Human/Vehicle detection or Motion detection?

This would be my only question about the problem.
I will also notify the test/dev to look into this once I collect this information from you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-13 05:54:06

@Clive_A 

Thanks for replying.

I see this on my phone, Human Detection:

and

Thanks

Options
2024-08-13 06:17:49

Hi @keegs53 

keegs53 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for replying.

I see this on my phone, Human Detection:

and

Thanks

Can you show me the config of motion detection and the rest of the detection settings?

How many days do you experience such a false alarm?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A sadly I emailed this reply on 13 Aug 2024 but I see now it didn't come through. Very frustrating.

-------------

Hopefully these screenshots assist.

Thanks

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @keegs53 

keegs53 wrote

@Clive_A sadly I emailed this reply on 13 Aug 2024 but I see now it didn't come through. Very frustrating.

-------------

Hopefully these screenshots assist.

Thanks

In the system, there is no email from your registered email address. And you may not send it to the correct email address.

You should use the VIGI app and service center to send that email.

There is no screenshot.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A Thanks for letting me know. Interestingly I copied them from my sent email, they must be accessible from my gmail account only as I can see them.

Please see photos:

Cheers

Options
Friday

@Clive_A 

Any progress here?

Options
Saturday

Hi @keegs53 

keegs53 wrote

@Clive_A 

Any progress here?

The detection area does not apply to the tracking. You may consider disabling the tracking function.

Options
Saturday

@Clive_A 

The problem I've raised isn't the tracking, is the alarm going off due to things outside the detection area setting it off. Was that not understood?

Options
Monday

Hi @keegs53 

keegs53 wrote

@Clive_A 

The problem I've raised isn't the tracking, is the alarm going off due to things outside the detection area setting it off. Was that not understood?

How many times was this being triggered?

I tested with C540-4G and only when it crossed the line of on the line, was it triggered. Which means it works as expected. I am using similar configs. No Auto Tracking. Do you have auto tracking?

Have you re-drew the line and tested it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 10

Related Articles