Problem firmware upgrade SG3428X(UN) V1

2024-08-10 20:14:03 - last edited 2024-08-12 16:03:04
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hello,

I recently upgraded my network with some new devices (SX3206HPP, OC300 and EAP773) but that's not the point.

So my core switch is a SG3428X V1 and I never was able to upgrade it with firmware found here : 

https://www.tp-link.com/fr/support/download/tl-sg3428x/v1/#Firmware

I tried all firmwares, I never succeed to have any of them applied : I see the upgrade progress until 100%, I reboot the swith but the update never get applied.

I gave up with firmaware upgrade then...

Now I have upgraded my network with the devices I said before, escpecially the OC300, I was happy to see it wanted to upgrade my SG3428X(UN) V1 with 1.0.2 firmware to 1.30.

So I did the upgrade and... the switch never came back as connected on omada cloud, it says disconnected.

My network was working normally but I was not able to access to administration of the switch (which is a problem for me beacause of specific settings like LACP, QOS etc...).

I tried to reboot several times the switch, no effect.

I used a USB cable to reset the switch with putty : no effect... my switch still remain as non administrable (but working correctly)

I finally restore a backup with the usb cable console with putty and my switch came back.

I adopted it again on the OC300, made again the update, and same problem again.

I repeat this like 3 times, and always same problem.

I spent lot of time and effort (and money by the way) and now I have no clue how to upgrade my switch.... Shall I just give up ?

(I also found this post, the OP had same problem but no solution is given : https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/601790 )

Thank you in advance for answers.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Problem firmware upgrade SG3428X(UN) V1-Solution
2024-08-12 11:43:53 - last edited 2024-08-12 16:03:04

@Elji 

Hi Elji,

I have the sam switch and that switch has 2 flashes.

I think you are updating the backup flash, but starting the switch by the main flash.

There is a page in the standalone menu that tells you the situation of the 2 flashes.

Pls post it.

Thank you,

Fra

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-13 02:05:33 - last edited 2024-08-13 02:05:38

Hi @Elji

Think this is what's been missing in the first place. I thought it was a problem with the firmware. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Switches

Thanks for confirming that which helps resolve the issue. @nicolati 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:Problem firmware upgrade SG3428X(UN) V1
2024-08-11 11:45:13 - last edited 2024-08-11 11:46:26

So ... I gave another try today and same results... I will try go give a bit more info

I upgraded my switch through Omada Controller.

My switch has address 192.168.1.88 and my gateway is 192.168.1.254

After reboot, the switch is working but appear as offline on omada controller and the loggin page stay stuck on loading on 192.168.1.88.

I tried to set my pc on 192.168.0.2 and told him the gateway is 192.168.0.1, same problem : the loggin page is stuck (on 192.168.0.1)

While having this config, I tried to reset the switch, same problem.

I tried to use a different gateway (with address 192.168.0.254) and also same problem on the loggin page : stuck on loading...

I tried differents settings on PC and tested differents tools and address, I have no clue how to solve the problem, this made me crazy and took me so much time !

I tried to use omada discovery tool, it even can not discover the switch (but discover also my 10Gb switch and my EAP).

So again I restored my switch putty (active image).

I really need help about this...

Options
2024-08-12 03:20:08 - last edited 2024-08-12 03:22:02

Hi @Elji 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.
What's the exact firmware you have? I am reading 1.0.12 not 1.0.2.

Try to download and manually upgrade from the standalone mode.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-sg3428x/v1/#Firmware

And upgrade from the closest to the current firmware to the latest. Don't skip versions. Will this work?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-12 07:22:58

@Clive_A Hello,

As I mentionned and I confirm, my actual and original firmaware is 1.0.2...

I tried all the firmware on the page you linked (I said it to previsously aswell).

Options
2024-08-12 07:51:27

Hi @Elji 

Elji wrote

@Clive_A Hello,

As I mentionned and I confirm, my actual and original firmaware is 1.0.2...

I tried all the firmware on the page you linked (I said it to previsously aswell).

Build number?

Th earliest firmware I can find on the official website is 20210409. You actually tried to upgrade step-by-step? It failed straightly on the first firmware that's close to your current build?

Options
2024-08-12 08:02:54

@Clive_A 

Hardware Version: TL-SG3428X 1.0

Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20210128 Rel.56556

Boot Loader Version: TP-LINK BOOTUTIL(v1.0.0)

Since day 1, I was not able to upgrade step by step.

When I recently purchased my OC300, I tried to do it auto with the OC300 then the switch became like a non manageable one and show up like offline on OC300 and also the loggin page does not work (it is only loading continuously).

I have exact same problem decribed here : https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/601790

Options
2024-08-12 08:20:57 - last edited 2024-08-12 08:41:39

Hi @Elji 

I have recommended you reset the switch. Does it work?

What about upgrading to this one? This is a middle firmware before you upgrade to the later one. Will you be able to upgrade to this one?

Reset the switch first. Not from the controller mode. Enter it in standalone mode.

If it needs to be recovered with the image, recover it so at least it can work.

If you experience a problem, let me know what's the error you see.

Options
2024-08-12 08:34:12

@Clive_A 

When I clik on your link, here is an error : 

{"statusText":"Bad Request","message":"登录认证失败","statusCode":400}

(I reseted my switch already and I am able to upgrade it in standalone mode)

Options
2024-08-12 09:15:10

Hi @Elji 

Elji wrote

@Clive_A 

When I clik on your link, here is an error : 

{"statusText":"Bad Request","message":"登录认证失败","statusCode":400}

(I reseted my switch already and I am able to upgrade it in standalone mode)

Try this.

Options
2024-08-12 09:27:05 - last edited 2024-08-12 09:31:56

@Clive_A 

I applied your firmware, it has beed loading (see picture).

After reboot, the switch was reseted (admin/admin login and default settings) but when checking in info, I am still under the previous version of firmware... 1.0.2

Hardware Version: TL-SG3428X 1.0

Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20210128 Rel.56556

Boot Loader Version: TP-LINK BOOTUTIL(v1.0.0)

Options
2024-08-12 11:43:53 - last edited 2024-08-12 16:03:04

@Elji 

Hi Elji,

I have the sam switch and that switch has 2 flashes.

I think you are updating the backup flash, but starting the switch by the main flash.

There is a page in the standalone menu that tells you the situation of the 2 flashes.

Pls post it.

Thank you,

Fra

Recommended Solution
Options