Ap vlan multiple SSID's on sg-3428 switch

2024-08-13 08:20:03 - last edited 2024-08-14 06:49:04
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Everytime i do something with vlan's on the tp-link switch i am getting confused.

I have a Pfsense firewall / router on a netgate 1100 and configured port 24 as the uplink to the lan port on the pfsense.

I have 5 vlan's configured on the tp-link switch. 1 vlan default and 4 other vlan's.

some ports are untagged member of a particular vlan and port 24 is a tagged member of all 4 vlan's. Every port is untagged member of default vlan. Also the port on the switch where my ubiquiti is on is tagged to all vlan's this is port 7. The AP has multiple vlan's configured and the AP itself is on port 7 PVID 1 (default vlan). The SSID's on the AP are the other vlan's, vlan only.

When i connect to the Ubiquiti AP with a client let's say to a vlan 3 SSID i get an IP from vlan 1, thats wrong but that means i did something wrong with the ports tagged of untagged i think. The vlan's on Pfsense are the same as the vlan's on the tp-link switch.

When the configuration of the vlan's is like this:

VLAN 1: all ports untagged

VLAN 2: ports with PVID 2 untagged member of this vlan and port 7 and 24 tagged

VLAN 3: idem but now the ports have PVID 3.

etc.

Above is the right setting with tagged and untagged trafic?

When a client connects to a SSID in vlan 3 it must get an ip from Pfsense from vlan 3 because the traffic is tagged in vlan 3 an goes to port 7 and 24 to Pfsense i believe.

I also did connect the OPT port in Pfsense to port 9 on the tp-link switch. Port 9 on tp-link is PVID 10 and no tagged ports on port 9. Made an vlan 10 in Ubiquiti AP and a SSID connected to that network. I can connect with the SSID in vlan 10 but get an ipnumber of another vlan....

So must port 9 be tagged to certain vlan's on the tp-link switch? how does the port knows if traffic from vlan 10 must go through port 9 which has no vlan 10 on pfsense?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ap vlan multiple SSID's on sg-3428 switch-Solution
2024-08-14 06:37:31 - last edited 2024-08-14 06:49:04

@Clive_A 

Hi,

I have already solved it, yesterday i have removed the ports which hade a other pvid as 1 out of default vlan 1. After that it worked.

But thanks for the link, i will read it, i think understand it already but it is confusing sometimes when it is not Cisco. With cisco you have access ports and trunk ports, when it is not a switch it is a access port, when it is a switch on a switch it must be a trunk port with vlan allowed.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Ap vlan multiple SSID's on sg-3428 switch
2024-08-13 11:11:00

@surfer1 

when i look at another post in this forum i get lost:

In my example when port 24 is the uplink port means the access ports for vlan 2,3,and 5 should not be a untagged member of VLAN 1 default VLAN? and port 24 the uplink ports and the AP port 7 should be tagged in every vlan?

and: assign port 1 as a tagged member of VLAN 1, too. For me this means that port 24 should be tagged member (and noot untagged like it is now and working) of VLAN1 if Pfsense is connected to prt 24?

Options
Re:Ap vlan multiple SSID's on sg-3428 switch
2024-08-14 00:57:03

Hi @surfer1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You might wanna write this with a diagram which would better explain things.

Overall, it reads like that you are confused with the VLAN. You might wanna take a look at this explanation:

Common Questions About 802.1Q VLAN

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Ap vlan multiple SSID's on sg-3428 switch-Solution
2024-08-14 06:37:31 - last edited 2024-08-14 06:49:04

@Clive_A 

Hi,

I have already solved it, yesterday i have removed the ports which hade a other pvid as 1 out of default vlan 1. After that it worked.

But thanks for the link, i will read it, i think understand it already but it is confusing sometimes when it is not Cisco. With cisco you have access ports and trunk ports, when it is not a switch it is a access port, when it is a switch on a switch it must be a trunk port with vlan allowed.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 3

Related Articles