VPN Wireguard IPv6 (CG-NAT)

2024-08-17 07:50:06
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.6

Hallo,

I am behind a CG-NAT and have a global IPv6 address, and therefore would like to use IPv6 for my Wireguard tunnel.

My wireguard connection did not work with a local IPv4 address on the router. Maybee I forgot to allow routing between my Wireguard tunnel and my local IPv4 network, but I don`t think so, as I put them in the same VLAN. 

But I was told to use a IPv6 adress for the local adress of the router. And when I try to put a IPv6 adress in this field (e.g. fd80:ea04:1115::1) Omada always tells that this is no valid adress (in all cases I tested). It seems that the Omada Interface does not accept IPv6 addresses as local IP address.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem to get via IPv6 to the router. 

Thank you!

Chris

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN Wireguard IPv6 (CG-NAT)
2024-08-19 01:59:49

Hi @Chrim 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

VPN currently does not support v6 addresses.

And FE80 is not a public IPv6 address. That's a local address like the private v4.

If your WAN IP starts with FE80 then it cannot use v6 either as it is a private address.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-19 18:57:52 - last edited 2024-08-19 19:04:17

@Clive_A 

is ipv6 support on the roadmap? 

Options
2024-08-20 00:54:45

Hi @bsz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

bsz wrote

@Clive_A 

is ipv6 support on the roadmap? 

Not aware of any IPv6 support recently.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 3

Related Articles