EAP225-Outdoor keeps getting disconnected

3 weeks ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.31.3 Build 20240620 Rel.80383

Controller Version - 5.14.26.23

I have an EAP225-Outdoor(US) v3.0 with Firmware Version 5.1.6 Build 20240313 Rel. 43415 connected to aa SG2008P v3.20 with Firmware Version 3.20.1 Build 20240115 Rel.72847 via PoE.

My problem is the EAP225 keeps getting disconnected even when there is no client connected to it. Are there anyone among you experiencing the same problem?

I have other system with same hardware models (EAP225-outdoor and SG2008P) but with lower Controller Version 5.13.30.20 Firmware Version 1.29.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54362 that does not exhibit the same problem.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP225-Outdoor keeps getting disconnected
3 weeks ago

@CarloPH 

Is it disconnecting from the controller or the actual switch?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @CarloPH 

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Do you mean the EAP225 will display as Disconnected on the controller Device page?

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Firmware Update: Ensure your EAP225 is running the latest firmware. Outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues.

2. Power Supply: Check if the EAP225 is receiving adequate power. If it's powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE), the PoE injector or switch might not be supplying enough power.

3. Network Cables: Check the Ethernet cables connecting the EAP225 to your network. Faulty cables can cause disconnections.

4. Heat: Overheating can cause the EAP225 to disconnect. Ensure the device is in a well-ventilated area.

5. Configuration: Check the configuration settings of the EAP225. Incorrect settings can cause instability and disconnections.

6. Interference: Other electronic devices can interfere with the EAP225's signal. Try moving the EAP225 away from these devices.

7. Router/Modem: Restart your router/modem. Sometimes, connectivity issues can be solved by simply restarting your network devices.

Options
3 weeks ago

@KimcheeGUN 

KimcheeGUN wrote

@CarloPH 

Is it disconnecting from the controller or the actual switch?

The EAP225s are disconnected from the controller. The other nearby devices such as wireless IP cameras gets disconnected from the EAP225s too.

Options
2 weeks ago

Vincent-TP wrote

Hi @CarloPH 

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Do you mean the EAP225 will display as Disconnected on the controller Device page?

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Firmware Update: Ensure your EAP225 is running the latest firmware. Outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues.

2. Power Supply: Check if the EAP225 is receiving adequate power. If it's powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE), the PoE injector or switch might not be supplying enough power.

3. Network Cables: Check the Ethernet cables connecting the EAP225 to your network. Faulty cables can cause disconnections.

4. Heat: Overheating can cause the EAP225 to disconnect. Ensure the device is in a well-ventilated area.

5. Configuration: Check the configuration settings of the EAP225. Incorrect settings can cause instability and disconnections.

6. Interference: Other electronic devices can interfere with the EAP225's signal. Try moving the EAP225 away from these devices.

7. Router/Modem: Restart your router/modem. Sometimes, connectivity issues can be solved by simply restarting your network devices.

@Vincent-TP, first and foremost my apologies for the delayed response as I tried to get more information as I observed further the EAP225-Outdoor. I would like to point out that your recommendations starting from number 2 all the way to number 7 have all been complied even from the beginning. This brings me to number 1 as the only probable issue. I have attached a sceenshot of all my EAP225-Outdoor used in this setup with some names and IP Addresses deliberately hidden for privacy reasons. I also forgot to mention last time that all the EAP225-Outdoor(US)v3.0 were shipped with firmware version 5.1.5 which I cannot find in the download pages of TP Link. As a rule of thumb I personally agree with you with regards to your suggestion number 1. So upon building up this network  immediately upgrade to firmware version 5.1.6 as recommended by Omada. That is where the problem began. All the EAPs were getting disconnected and couldn't last even for a day without disconnecting. My only resort is to shutdown the switch port (Disable) for several seconds before I bring it back up (All). PoE Recovery sometimes work but most often do not. This was until I install the last unit of EAP225-Outdoor (boxed green on the screenshot) which I intentionally didn't upgrade to version 5.1.6 and to my surprise it lasted for over a day without disconnecting. And so I searched for version 5.1.5 and as I've said  I couldn't find so I downgraded all to version 5.1.1. All the EAP225s are working fine right now. 

Thanks for taking time responding to my concern. Truly appreciate it.

Here's the screenshot

EAP Screenshot

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 122

Replies: 4

Related Articles