VIGI App wrongly states "no new firmware version available"

2024-08-21 12:35:16 - last edited 2024-08-22 01:02:39
Model: VIGI C450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

When I click on the settings button for one of my cameras connected to my NVR the app says "no new version available" under the main text "firmware update" - however when I click on the firware update heading I am prompted to update my camera as it now states the firmware is out of date.

I'm pretty certain this bug is just specific to the app and is hardware/firmware agnostic. I have found this to be the case with both C350 and C450 cameras, NVR is a 1016H. 

My model is not NC450 but it would not let me enter the correct models - another bug lol.

Options
3 Reply
Re:VIGI App wrongly states "no new firmware version available"
2024-08-22 01:03:35 - last edited 2024-08-22 01:04:19

Hi @Jimmy_B 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please include a screenshot of the first bug you described.

You sure about the second "bug" you brought up?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-22 11:09:21

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Huh thats interesing, the C450 certainly wasnt coming up for me - I even checked if it was case senstive. 

Unfortunatly I have updated all my cameras so unless a new update is released for them I wont be able to recreate the issue. 

The highlighed "Firmware Update" button with the below text "No new version available" is the one that was misbehaving. 

It seems to say "No new version available" regardless of whether or not a new version is actually available. 

Options
2024-08-23 00:44:25

Hi @Jimmy_B 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Jimmy_B wrote

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Huh thats interesing, the C450 certainly wasnt coming up for me - I even checked if it was case senstive. 

Unfortunatly I have updated all my cameras so unless a new update is released for them I wont be able to recreate the issue. 

The highlighed "Firmware Update" button with the below text "No new version available" is the one that was misbehaving. 

It seems to say "No new version available" regardless of whether or not a new version is actually available. 

I see.

So, using the second to the latest firmware and going to the app, you'd see No new ver available. But by clicking the heading and entering it, you see a different result. A new firmware update is available. Correct?

Have sent this information to the test team for further verification.

Thanks for reporting this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 140

Replies: 3

Related Articles