Future Plans for Omada GPON/EPON (XPON) Products

2024-08-21 17:31:00 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Dear TP Link Team,

I'm a satisfied user of TP-Link's Omada series. Are there any future plans to include GPON/EPON(XPON) products in the Omada lineup?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Future Plans for Omada GPON/EPON (XPON) Products-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @Babun-Sikder 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

At this moment, we do not have GPON products released to the public. Nor do we have any information or support for it.

The GPON in the Omada product line is not classified as our responsibility. And the products are still in charge by the GPON team which aims to provide ISP-level support.

The purchase seems to be limited only to ISP-level customers.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Future Plans for Omada GPON/EPON (XPON) Products
2024-08-21 17:41:25

Babun-Sikder wrote

Dear TP Link Team,

I'm a satisfied user of TP-Link's Omada series. Are there any future plans to include GPON/EPON(XPON) products in the Omada lineup?

I mean Omada XPON modem control with Omada controllers

Options
Re:Future Plans for Omada GPON/EPON (XPON) Products-Solution

Hi @Babun-Sikder 

At this moment, we do not have GPON products released to the public. Nor do we have any information or support for it.

The GPON in the Omada product line is not classified as our responsibility. And the products are still in charge by the GPON team which aims to provide ISP-level support.

The purchase seems to be limited only to ISP-level customers.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A  "I've noticed that other brands, such as Ubiquiti, offer GPON CPE(Ubiquiti Fiber Nano), and I’m curious why TP-Link hasn’t developed similar products, especially considering the widespread use of GPON/EPON by many providers."

Options

This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @Babun-Sikder 

Babun-Sikder wrote

@Clive_A  "I've noticed that other brands, such as Ubiquiti, offer GPON CPE(Ubiquiti Fiber Nano), and I’m curious why TP-Link hasn’t developed similar products, especially considering the widespread use of GPON/EPON by many providers."

My colleague told me that you have an email. That'll be closed as I have replied to your case publicly on the forum. As I have written, we have such products. GPON degree. But this is not yet available to home and business users.

The reign of this kind of product is still under the GPON team's shoulders and has not been sold to any home or business users.

We checked about this product and its status because the release note recently mentioned support for GPON. You know, the controller has mentioned it.

Yet, there is nothing else new for us to share with you. The PM has not provided any further insights into this product line. It could be a trial phase? Maybe. But that's what we know so far.

When it is available to the market, to home and business users like you, we would receive a guideline about its support and the product. But it is not the case now. Nothing we can reveal for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 5

Related Articles