Couldn't access to the management interface of my SG3428

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.30.0 Build 20231019 Rel.60485

Hi all, i have a SG3428. The first time i used it, it works normally means that i plugin the eth cable in the eth port of my pc and the other in the port 1/0/1 of the switch, i have access to the management interface from 192.168.0.1 with firefox on windows 10, in the end of the journey, i have clicked on the reset button in the management interface to restore the default settings of the switch, until now everything is normal.

I just try to login an other time from the GUI, and the switch does not respond, ping does not respond, i tried to change the port, delete cookies from navigator, i tried such a solution but it doesnt let me in. 

So i changed the OS to ubuntu 22.04 and i have access to the GUI of the switch from brave.

It seems weired, anyone who has an idea can help to restor the access from the GUI i will be thankfull.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Couldn't access to the management interface of my SG3428 -Solution

Hi @ghost124 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ghost124 wrote

@Clive_A thank u fro ur response, there is no DHCP server, the main problem is that i can't get the GUI when i use Firefox on Windows systém, but i can entre to the GUI When i use a ubuntu OS.
i tried to disbalbe Windows defender,i tride chrome, brave on windows but the switch does not respond from a windows OS.

Have you set up the IP on the PC when you try to access it?

I think it is a problem with the browser on your system. Maybe you should consider the firewall on the browser. Or TLS level.

You should also keep the firmware up to date. See if that's gonna help or not.
Such a problem report is rare. Mostly it is because of the local settings. At least on my test bench, I run two SG2000 and SG3000 switches with Firefox and Chrome, Win10, without any problem, with or without the DHCP server involved.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Couldn't access to the management interface of my SG3428

Hi @ghost124 

The switch automatically gets an IP address from the DHCP server if there is one.

192.168.0.1 is the default IP when there is no DHCP server invovled.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A thank u fro ur response, there is no DHCP server, the main problem is that i can't get the GUI when i use Firefox on Windows systém, but i can entre to the GUI When i use a ubuntu OS.
i tried to disbalbe Windows defender,i tride chrome, brave on windows but the switch does not respond from a windows OS.

Options
Re:Couldn't access to the management interface of my SG3428 -Solution

Hi @ghost124 

ghost124 wrote

Have you set up the IP on the PC when you try to access it?

I think it is a problem with the browser on your system. Maybe you should consider the firewall on the browser. Or TLS level.

You should also keep the firmware up to date. See if that's gonna help or not.
Such a problem report is rare. Mostly it is because of the local settings. At least on my test bench, I run two SG2000 and SG3000 switches with Firefox and Chrome, Win10, without any problem, with or without the DHCP server involved.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A thank u for ur help, the problem is in my eth adapter, i just reset my adapter and everything goes right.

Options