Votes

Request for New Feature: Category-Based Blocking and Allowing in Omada Controller Firewall System

Votes

Request for New Feature: Category-Based Blocking and Allowing in Omada Controller Firewall System

3 weeks ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Dear TP-Link Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request the addition of a new feature to the Omada Controller firewall system: the ability to block and allow traffic based on predefined categories.

This feature would significantly enhance our network security by enabling us to manage traffic more effectively according to various categories. For example, it would be useful to control access to:

• Social Media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
  • Streaming Services (e.g., Netflix, YouTube, Spotify)
  • Malware and Phishing Sites
  • Gaming Platforms (e.g., Steam, Xbox Live)
  • Productivity Tools (e.g., Microsoft Office 365, Google Workspace)
  • Adult Content

Having this capability within the Omada Controller would allow for streamlined configuration and improved management of our network's security policies.

If this feature could be considered for implementation, I believe it would provide great value to our current setup and potentially benefit other users as well.

Please let me know if further details are required, or if there is anything I can do to assist with this request.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Request for New Feature: Category-Based Blocking and Allowing in Omada Controller Firewall System
3 weeks ago

@Babun-Sikder 

Thank you for your feedback and post. We have forwarded your request to our developer team for evaluation.

Please note that all requests undergo a thorough evaluation by our developer team before being added to the roadmap. This process may take some time, so please be patient if you don't see immediate results. Features with lower priority or fewer user reports might experience delays in implementation as we gather more feedback and compare it with competitor products.

It is important to understand that submitting a request does not guarantee its implementation; only requests that pass the evaluation will be considered for inclusion in future updates.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 105

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.