Support for multiple VLANs on WAN Port at Router ER707-M2
Support for multiple VLANs on WAN Port at Router ER707-M2
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #IPTV
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hi all,

iam using an ER707-M2 to connect my network to a WAN provider device at 2.5G WAN1 Port and 2.5G LAN2 Port to my switch.

The Provider carry internet and VoIP traffic in two VLANs.

I know the ER707-M2 can enable VLAN tag at WAN1 Port and regular i have to use the IPTV router option to set IP-Phone VLAN in the config.

But i can't enable IPTV with 2.5G WAN1 is this normal ???

I set Port 3 to WAN mode and this is possible with IPTV but 1G speed only.....crying

Is there any solution to get it on Port 1?

Another question in this background. I can set the LAN ports in IPTV options to internet, IPTV or IP-Phone.

This means the specific port carry the selected traffic only? Without any other LAN packets ?!

BR

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Support for multiple VLANs on WAN Port at Router ER707-M2-Solution

Hi @NutsB22 @MR.S 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NutsB22 wrote

@Clive_A 

this is the problem in port selection in IPTV menu.

I add a vlan to WAN1 and save it. BUT the WAN1 ist not visible in IPTV wan port pull down menu....

SFP WAN7 is available only.

And funny as well the port 7 is not active with a vlan.....

About the connection to telecommunication system.

My plan is to keep it in local vlan10 subnet. I hope the ER707-M2 will route me the traffic between WAN vlan 232 <--> LAN vlan10.

So i can hopefully avoid to select a specific port at the router for ip-phone.....

I checked the hardware and found out that not every WAN can be set with IPTV. Hardware limitation.

You can consider WAN/LAN2, that 2.5Gbps port.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Support for multiple VLANs on WAN Port at Router ER707-M2
3 weeks ago

@NutsB22 

it looks like there is something buggy on the 2.5gb port yes, it is the same on ER8411, ER706W and ER707-M2, it seems that default wan cannot be used for IPTV, other non-default WAN ports have IPTV configuration.

ER605v2 has IPTV configuration on all WAN ports.

Options
3 weeks ago

@MR.S 

okay this is not a good word for this routers no

Can you help me to understand the IPTV feature more in detail?

When i set the port 6 for example to IPTV oder IP Phone, what happen with the other traffic in the LAN?

My Point is in background an VoIP Device connected to the router port 6.

The Device needs to have access to the Voice VLAN from the WAN provider and still accessable from the LAN for other SIP Clients.

When i set the router port 6 to "IP-Phone" will this working???

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @NutsB22 

NutsB22 wrote

@MR.S 

okay this is not a good word for this routers no

Can you help me to understand the IPTV feature more in detail?

When i set the port 6 for example to IPTV oder IP Phone, what happen with the other traffic in the LAN?

My Point is in background an VoIP Device connected to the router port 6.

The Device needs to have access to the Voice VLAN from the WAN provider and still accessable from the LAN for other SIP Clients.

When i set the router port 6 to "IP-Phone" will this working???

What do you see on your end? Paste a screenshot, will you?

I previously adopted 707-M2 and it is currently disconnected. But I am left with these options.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

here is a screenshot, I'm running windows controller version 5.14.30.7 Early access, maybe that's the problem.

Options

@Clive_A 

pictures.... no big deal laugh

here is the WAN port config from my ER707-M2

My future provider transport internet in 132, VoIP 232 and IPTV 332.

WAN1 can not set in IPTV a as Wan Port. No difference if a vlan is set on WAN1...

For example i set port 5 to IP-Phone and will connect my telecommunication system to it.

Now vlan config vlan232 port 7 tag and port 5 untag what is right.

But how can devices from VLAN 10 still access the telecommunication system at port 5 ???

I can't set a untag for vlan10 to port 5 anymore indecision

Will the router do the routing between vlan232 and my vlan10 from the LAN networt?

original my telecommunication system is located in vlan10 and subnet. So all SIP clients can access to it and the system connect out through the NAT with VoIP lines.

In future i have to use the vlan 232 at WAN port to get VoIP lines established enlightened

Maybe another option, i keep my telecommunication system in vlan10 as it is.

Set all ports in IPTV to internet and the router will do the routing between WAN vlan232 and internal vlan10 enlightened

Clive_A what do you think about it?

EDIT:

another fun fact.

If i set for example vlan 1000 to WAN1 and save....

in vlan overview vlan1000 is not visible ?!?

If you see vlan 132 .... it is associated with WAN7

maybe this is the reason why WAN1 can't select in IPTV option enlightened

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @MR.S 

MR.S wrote

@Clive_A 

here is a screenshot, I'm running windows controller version 5.14.30.7 Early access, maybe that's the problem.

Think that should be a problem with the router which is disconnected.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @NutsB22 

NutsB22 wrote

@Clive_A 

pictures.... no big deal laugh

here is the WAN port config from my ER707-M2

My future provider transport internet in 132, VoIP 232 and IPTV 332.

WAN1 can not set in IPTV a as Wan Port. No difference if a vlan is set on WAN1...

For example i set port 5 to IP-Phone and will connect my telecommunication system to it.

Now vlan config vlan232 port 7 tag and port 5 untag what is right.

But how can devices from VLAN 10 still access the telecommunication system at port 5 ???

I can't set a untag for vlan10 to port 5 anymore indecision

Will the router do the routing between vlan232 and my vlan10 from the LAN networt?

original my telecommunication system is located in vlan10 and subnet. So all SIP clients can access to it and the system connect out through the NAT with VoIP lines.

In future i have to use the vlan 232 at WAN port to get VoIP lines established enlightened

Maybe another option, i keep my telecommunication system in vlan10 as it is.

Set all ports in IPTV to internet and the router will do the routing between WAN vlan232 and internal vlan10 enlightened

Clive_A what do you think about it?

EDIT:

another fun fact.

If i set for example vlan 1000 to WAN1 and save....

in vlan overview vlan1000 is not visible ?!?

If you see vlan 132 .... it is associated with WAN7

maybe this is the reason why WAN1 can't select in IPTV option enlightened

Here's what you should do.

When you configure the WAN properly with the VLAN. That's it. You don't have to touch that.

Go to the IPTV settings and set up the ports.

If you need this port to be IP-Phone, then select it.

Configure the VLAN ID on this page. Select the port to the profile you expect it to be. And test it. You don't have to tweak the VLAN settings. See if you can get the devices working on these LAN ports.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

I add a vlan to WAN1 and save it. BUT the WAN1 ist not visible in IPTV wan port pull down menu....

My plan is to keep it in local vlan10 subnet. I hope the ER707-M2 will route me the traffic between WAN vlan 232 <--> LAN vlan10.

So i can hopefully avoid to select a specific port at the router for ip-phone.....

Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

the router is not disconnected, but it's not a big deal for me, I don't use IPTV, it also applies to ER8411 and ER706W which are on the same controller, I have another controller with version 5.14.26.1 and it only has ER605v2 routers on it . there it seems to work, so it may be the EA version I'm running that is the problem, I don't know.

On the ER8411, only WAN/LAN4 is available, default SFP+ WAN1 is not selectable

Options
Re:Support for multiple VLANs on WAN Port at Router ER707-M2-Solution

Hi @NutsB22 @MR.S 

NutsB22 wrote

@Clive_A 

I checked the hardware and found out that not every WAN can be set with IPTV. Hardware limitation.

You can consider WAN/LAN2, that 2.5Gbps port.

Recommended Solution
Options