Best way to hook up Omada switches/devices

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hello, my Netgear router crapped the bed so I plan to fully upgrade my home system to Omada SDN.

I already have a TL-SG2218 switch for my ethernet ports around the house. 

I have also ordered the following:

- TL-SG2210P V3 PoE switch (I have 4 AC1350 access points)

- OC200 controller

- ER605 router

Because I will have two switches, I was wondering what the best way was to hook them up. Ideally I'd just have 1 massive PoE switch but my wife would kill me.

I planned to have the TL-SG2210P as the primary switch, with the controller, router, and TL-SG2218 connected to it.

Or should the TL-SG2218 be plugged seperately into the router?

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Best way to hook up Omada switches/devices-Solution

Hi @templeowls 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can cascade or connect both of them to the router.

It does not matter or have a negative effect on your network. Just make sure you don't loop them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Best way to hook up Omada switches/devices-Solution

Hi @templeowls 

You can cascade or connect both of them to the router.

It does not matter or have a negative effect on your network. Just make sure you don't loop them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Best way to hook up Omada switches/devices
2 weeks ago
Thank you!! Apologies, what do you mean by "looping" them?
Options
Re:Best way to hook up Omada switches/devices
2 weeks ago

Hi @templeowls 

templeowls wrote

Thank you!! Apologies, what do you mean by "looping" them?

Since I cannot quote from other websites, please kindly google "network loop".

About further knowledge on the network switch, you can check this one out.

Data Center Network Switch Design - Switch Layer Hierarchy

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 139

Replies: 3

Related Articles