[HELP] Adopt device from different site using local IP

2 weeks ago
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.25.3 Build 20240620 Rel.80854

I have a multiple site of which is connected via site-to-site vpn.

There is Site A with Hardware Controller - OC300 with IP of 192.168.0.2

There is Site B with IP of 192.168.10.0/24

There is Site C with IP of 192.168.20.0/24

My current setup is adopted those Site B and C devices using my public static IP. I want the devices to be adopted using the local IP  - 192.168.0.2

There is this option before adopting a device when i access its GUI, instead of using the public IP i tried using the local IP and it work.

My problem is i am not sure if this would work for the Router? (ex. ER7206) that is already deployed (in different site) - i cannot access the gui unless i forget the device and the device will return to it's original IP, and i have no physical access to the site as of now. 

Is there a way i make this work?

Thank you.

Options
5 Reply
Re:[HELP] Adopt device from different site using local IP
2 weeks ago

@Jeesoon1 

if you are going to adopt via vpn on the router, you must first create the vpn tunnel on the controller, which you already have, then you must run the router in stand alone and configure the vpn there as well. when the vpn works in stand alone, you can adopt the router towards the LAN address of the controller in the vpn tunnel.

I would not recommend doing it. if something happens to the vpn tunnel and it goes down, you also lose contact with the router and the only way to get it up again is to run it up in stand alone as described above.

I also adopt in vpn but only switches and access points, I adopt routers via WAN

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S 

Hi,Thank you for the insight, Another question. What does Auto Refresh IP and Device Management does?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Jeesoon1 

it changes ip automatically if the controller changes ip. I have a fixed IP so I have disabled this function

Options
2 weeks ago

@MR.S 

Hi, How about the Device Management checkbox ?

Sorry, i am having a problem in english

Options
2 weeks ago

@Jeesoon1 

it is to force supported devices to use this info, I don't think any routers support device management.

Options