VLAN configuration
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Hardware: Router 605

Switch : SG2428P v5.20

Controller: OC200 (cant see its hardware/ firmware versions).

I have 3 Vlans:

1. Infrastructure: VLAN_1

2. PCs: VLAN_10

3. CAM: VLA_20

4. IoT: VLAN_30

What is the purpose/ effect of "VLAN Interface" toggles:

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VLAN configuration-Solution

@guyd2 

It refers to the DHCP Server settings. To learn more about the switch's DHCP Server settings, you may try reading this article.How to setup Switch as DHCP server on Omada Controller
Therefore, if you configure the switch properly, this feature can enable it to function as a DHCP server.It is important to note that this feature requires cooperation from the router in order for clients to gain internet access.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:VLAN configuration-Solution

@guyd2 

It refers to the DHCP Server settings. To learn more about the switch's DHCP Server settings, you may try reading this article.How to setup Switch as DHCP server on Omada Controller
Therefore, if you configure the switch properly, this feature can enable it to function as a DHCP server.It is important to note that this feature requires cooperation from the router in order for clients to gain internet access.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:VLAN configuration
a week ago

@Hank21 

Thank you for sharing this guide. I read it carefully.

1. I have an ER605 router as part of my Omada network.

2. I have 2 questions:

• Since I have several VLANs - does enabling each VLAN dhcp server mean that the switch will server as a DHCP server for that specific VLAN ? since only management VLAN is enabled and all 4 VLAN are getting IP addresses as DHCP server should behave.
  • Since I have a ER605 as part of my network, I can't access its setting directly but as part of the controller, and I'm guessing when enabling DHCP server in switch will disable router DHCP server role. correct ?

Guy

Options
Re:VLAN configuration
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@guyd2 

Yes, it only works for specific VLANs, depending on which VLAN you enable. If you want the switch to serve as the DHCP server for a specific VLAN, disable the router's DHCP server in that VLAN. Otherwise, there may be some conflicts.

You mentioned the management VLAN; here are the links that you can follow up on to set up the management VLAN properly: 

How to configure Management VLANs for Omada Switches and APs (for SOHO scenario)

How to configure Management VLANs for Omada Switches and APs (for Business scenario)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 3

Related Articles