VLan

VLan

VLan
VLan
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TL-SG108PE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220930 Rel.36161

I'm a novice and this is the first time i have set up vlans (multiple attempts before i could get it to work).

the picture shows the network i have created it all appears to work fine with everything being able to connect to the internet and the vlans are I think segregated from each other.

a couple questions

I read somewhere on this forum that I should remove "non trunk ports" from vlan 1 in my case i assume i should remove ports 4,5,6,7 from vlan 1 is that correct?

On the AP there is no choice if you select multi ssid then SSID 1 is on VLAN 1 you cannot disable or change its VLAN so i have no choice I have to use vlan 1 if i want to have multi ssid

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VLan-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @corkscrew22 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No.

Correct.

On the pinned threads on this switch page, you have explanations on VLAN and a generic guide.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:VLan-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @corkscrew22 

No.

Correct.

On the pinned threads on this switch page, you have explanations on VLAN and a generic guide.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:VLan
a week ago
Hi Clive thanks for taking the time to reply. I have read your pinned threads very informative although a lot of it over me head for now. However They have raised another question for me in the network i have created i did not set up vlan interfaces in the ER605 and all works fine. Am i right in thinking i only need to set up vlan interfaces in the ER605 if i want to put the vlans on separate subnets same as in some of your examples
Options
Re:VLan
a week ago

Hi @corkscrew22 

corkscrew22 wrote

Hi Clive thanks for taking the time to reply. I have read your pinned threads very informative although a lot of it over me head for now. However They have raised another question for me in the network i have created i did not set up vlan interfaces in the ER605 and all works fine. Am i right in thinking i only need to set up vlan interfaces in the ER605 if i want to put the vlans on separate subnets same as in some of your examples

With the readings, you should know that this setup you have now is not VLAN interface-based.

If you want to use the VLAN interface-based, you are getting the network segment. That's the interface on the ER605 and VLAN tag/untag on the switches.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 74

Replies: 3

Related Articles