Problems with ER7412-M2 and SFP WAN Link

2 weeks ago - last edited Tuesday
Model: ER7412-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Dear all,

i have the new ER7412-M2 installed and try to get a fiber WAN running.

The local telco has installed a Fritzbox 5530 Fiber as the NT with an FRITZ!SFP AON (IEEE 802.3 1000Base-BX10) (Rx 1490 nm / 1550 nm )  and   (Tx 1310 nm ).

I have bought a tp-link SFP TL-SM321B and matching fiberpatch with LC/UPC.

My goal is to remove the Fritzbox in total and patch the fiber directly form last telco box (patchbox) towards the ER7412-M2 Port 11 with SFP module.

As soon as i establish the patch to the router SFP there is RX Power (mW)  0,235 in DDM Status visible.

BUT the link remain down. All connects at WAN page are unsuccessful.

I spoke to the telco already and ask about internet access autorisation protocol (for example User/ Pass in PPoE)

Answer: i have to use a vlan tag at WAN port and that's it. Already tried this without success.

Has anyone an idea why the SFP port will not came link up?

best regards....

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Problems with ER7412-M2 and SFP WAN Link-Solution
Monday - last edited Tuesday

Hi @NutsB22 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NutsB22 wrote

@Clive_A 

another finding on my troubleshooting list....

i just removed the FS Generic SFP from the ER7412-M2 and plug it into the Fritzbox5530 (used my patchcable as well) .

The link came up directly cool so the SFP and cable working with provider together!

The router has to convert the fiber media to ethernet standard via the SFP modul, but isn't working in this case....

So i come to the result that ER7412-M2 cannot convert this at the SFP slots no

On that point i will need another media converter in front of the router to adapt the passive fiber ONT to RJ45 media.

And now the two buildin SFP slots become useless for me... sad

Try to fix the SFP port to 1000Mbps, will it link up?

Got a confirmation from the team that the router is capable of connecting a fiber if the module and the mode are correct.

As the router is the recipient, if there is a problem, it mainly lies in the fiber, module and mode. It could also be a problem with the ISP SFP end.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

@Clive_A 

you make my day!!!!

Port came up and get IP form the provider enlightened

Thank you very much !!!!

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Problems with ER7412-M2 and SFP WAN Link
a week ago

Hi @NutsB22 

On the accessory page, you should find this, which explains why..

Common Questions About SFP Module and Media Converter

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Clive_A 

i doublecheck the FAQ and found a unmatch with SFP wavelength, so i order a new one....

=> My provider has an Fiber-NT with SMF ITU-T 657, SC/APC Connector TX 1310 RX 1490

=> Use a simplex OS2, Singlemode 9/125µm ITU T G.657,  Patchcable  SC-APC(8°)<>LC-UPC

=> install a "FS Generic SFP 1000BASE-BX-U BiDi 1310nm-TX/1490nm-RX 10km with DOM Simplex LC/UPC SMF Module"

into the port 11 of ER7412-M2.This result in this DDS statistics:

I still see a Link down at the router... although RX is visible !?!?

The SPF and cable should be the matching wavelength/specs with the provider.

Any ideas out there ?

Options
Saturday - last edited Sunday

@Clive_A 

i just removed the FS Generic SFP from the ER7412-M2 and plug it into the Fritzbox5530 (used my patchcable as well) .

The link came up directly cool so the SFP and cable working with provider together!

The router has to convert the fiber media to ethernet standard via the SFP modul, but isn't working in this case....

On that point i will need another media converter in front of the router to adapt the passive fiber ONT to RJ45 media.

Options

Hi @NutsB22 

NutsB22 wrote

@Clive_A 

Try to fix the SFP port to 1000Mbps, will it link up?

Got a confirmation from the team that the router is capable of connecting a fiber if the module and the mode are correct.

As the router is the recipient, if there is a problem, it mainly lies in the fiber, module and mode. It could also be a problem with the ISP SFP end.

Recommended Solution
Options

@Clive_A 

you make my day!!!!

Port came up and get IP form the provider enlightened

Thank you very much !!!!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0