Can I disable the fan on my TL-SG1016PE switch?

неделю назад - last edited неделю назад
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.2

Good afternoon, I was recently offered a new TP-Link switch, model TL-SG1016PE, which has 16 ports, 8 of which are PoE+. I don’t have anything connected to it that uses PoE. I have already disabled the PoE in its settings. However, the fan is always running and makes a lot of noise. Is there any problem if I disconnect the fan from the board to stop it from working?

Thank you for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I disable the fan on my TL-SG1016PE switch?-Solution

Hi @Guppik 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The switch cannot control the fan. Nor other models. It's a preset curve with temp and fan speed which we have tested for stability and performance.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I disable the fan on my TL-SG1016PE switch?-Solution

Hi @Guppik 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The switch cannot control the fan. Nor other models. It's a preset curve with temp and fan speed which we have tested for stability and performance.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 87

Replies: 1

Related Articles