EAP DISCONNECTS DAILY.... NEVER DID THIS BEFORE ADDING THE GATEWAY

a week ago
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.25.3 Build 20240620 Rel.80854

I've been running Omada for 7 years now with ZERO issues. 7 AP's 1 OC200 controller. I've upgraded AP's over the years. 

EAP620 upstairs / downstairs 3 EAP225 outdoor EAP225 in the shop.  

I added a ER707-M2 gateway to my OC200 and started to have issues. I thought the OC200 was maxing out so I upgraded to a OC300 which I am running now. 

Daily 1 of my devices will go disconnected. 

I have them all statically assigned and even have the Jetstream switches with POE recovery (which I was hoping was automatic).

I login do the POE recovery and everything works again. 

I just switched everything to DHCP with Fixed IP address enabled. 

What am I missing? 

Options
7 Reply
Re:EAP DISCONNECTS DAILY.... NEVER DID THIS BEFORE ADDING THE GATEWAY
a week ago

@DACZ 

Adding my Network Layout. APARTMENT and GARAGE are ones that disconnects frequently (Both EAP225's). It is HARDWARED all the way back to the AP. And when it's disconnected the other devices around it are connected. All links are 1G which the exception of the SWITCH-HOME is 2.5G with a 2.5G link to the ISP 

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@DACZ 

So I rolled back 1 version on ONE of the EAP225 I have 2 days ago:

AND it has stayed connected, but the other one with the NEWER version is disconnected. Rolling it back NOW. 

TP-LINK.... PLEASE tell me what files I can send you to solve this issue. These are hardwired devices!

Options
a week ago

Hi  @DACZ 

The issue will disappear when downgraded to 5.1.1?

I have created a TP-Link support ticket to collect more information. And the ID is TKID240919194

Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Vincent-TP 

I have had no issues with disconnects in a week after downgrading my EAP225 units to 5.1.1  It seems to only be an issue with my EAP225 units, the APARTMENT unit and my GARAGE showed disconnected after less than 24 hours on a daily basis. I dropped them back to 5.1.1 and then had 2 of my EAP225 OUTDOOR units go disconnected, so I rolled them back and though I have 1 EAP225 outdoor unit on 5.1.6 it has continued to stay connected (and it's wirelessly connected). Hopefully this will help someone else and TPLINK can dig into this. Could have been a bad 5.1.6 load? Maybe, but on multiple devices?

Options
Tuesday

Hi @DACZ 

Please check your email inbox and search this ID TKID240919194, we need the information to locate the reason. Thanks.

Options
9 hours ago

@Vincent-TP 

I have no message. I'm more than happy to push the update and gather logs when it does this again. It has been rock solid since going down 1 version on the EAP225's (The devices that were disconnecting after 24 hours on a regular basis.) I even went to omada switches so I could removely reboot and recover. 

Options
5 hours ago

Hi  @DACZ 

No problem, just at your convenience.

When I say email, I mean your Gmail inbox.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 7

Related Articles