remote access to EAP

remote access to EAP

remote access to EAP
remote access to EAP
a week ago - last edited Monday
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

the network i am setting up is for a guest wifi in my resteraunt I with to able to change the wifi password remotely. The initial set up i will do at home before deploying.

Starlink isp router in bypass mode, ER605 omada router, SG108pe switch, EAP245/ AC1750 access point.

My desktop and laptop both run linux mint and the software controller will not install on them. Is there a way utilizing a DDNS service to access the AP remotley?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:remote access to EAP-Solution
Saturday - last edited Monday

@Vincent-TP thanks for your reply and i am well aware of the link etc, it is in my opinion very convoluted  I dont really have the time to demonstrate what went wrong trying to follow using linux mint.

I did however find a very very simple work around i just installed a ubuntu VM on my linux mint host. Then used this link 

https://github.com/monsn0/omada-installer for a script

works a dream one click and its done so easy.....
my recommendation for what it is worth that Tp-link write a few scripts for different distros

Thanks again for taking the trouble to answer me.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:remote access to EAP
a week ago

Hi  @corkscrew22 

We have Omada software controller for Linux version. You need to scroll down:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/omada-software-controller/

How to install Omada Software Controller on Linux system.

Options
a week ago

@Vincent-TP 

Hi as i said in my post maybe you are not familiar with linux distros I am running linux mint 20.3 (which is based on Ubuntu 20.04) so I thought it might work however it does not i get messages that it is not compatible and will not install correctly.

Thats why i am asking if there is another way......

Options
Friday

Hi  @corkscrew22 

Ubuntu 20.04 is included:

You need to install OpenJDK, MongoDB, JSVC and other dependencies before installing your Omada Software Controller.

There is a detailed guide in the link:

How to install Omada Software Controller on Linux system

If the same thing persists, please share some screenshots showing the error message. Thanks.

Options
Re:remote access to EAP-Solution
Saturday - last edited Monday

@Vincent-TP thanks for your reply and i am well aware of the link etc, it is in my opinion very convoluted  I dont really have the time to demonstrate what went wrong trying to follow using linux mint.

I did however find a very very simple work around i just installed a ubuntu VM on my linux mint host. Then used this link 

https://github.com/monsn0/omada-installer for a script

works a dream one click and its done so easy.....
my recommendation for what it is worth that Tp-link write a few scripts for different distros

Thanks again for taking the trouble to answer me.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 4

Related Articles