Error "This AP port vlanid can not be the same as the exist default LanNetwork profile"

Error "This AP port vlanid can not be the same as the exist default LanNetwork profile"

a week ago - last edited Friday
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to change my primary / secondary DNS under my default LAN network, when I do, i get the above error message. So I cancel out, open the the page again to edit the settings, and without even editing anything, i click save and get the same error message. When I set up the network, obviosly it worked, but now when i want to chane something on my default LAN, i get that message. I've very new to setting this stuff up so what does this mean?

I'm guessing that on the Access Point (AP), there is a vlanID setting that can't be set to 1 (my default LAN). I can't find that though. I'm lost lol please help.

-Dave

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Error "This AP port vlanid can not be the same as the exist default LanNetwork profile"-Solution
a week ago - last edited Friday

@Vincent-TP 

Hi Vincent,

All is working fine now I have removed the port setting from VLAN1 to "Default" in the 235-wall Access Point. As support have stated setting this port to VLAN1 is forbidden in the controller, will this issue be address in a future firmware update for the controller to stop an illegal setting being set?

Many Thanks for your help and supports assistance

Lee...

Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:Error "This AP port vlanid can not be the same as the exist default LanNetwork profile"
a week ago

Hi  @dcf1999 

May you please share a screenshot showing the error message page? Please include the whole webpage, as well as the URL.

Options
Re:Error "This AP port vlanid can not be the same as the exist default LanNetwork profile"
a week ago
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Vincent-TP 

Hi Vincent I have the exact same problem as @dcf1999 and I cant find out what the issue is. Without changing anything, if i press the save button i get this message

Options
a week ago

Hi  @dcf1999  @MantonL 

I have no issue on my controller. Will this happen everytime when you click Save button on the Wired LAN page? Or sometimes yes, sometimes no?

Would you mind sharing with us the config file of your Omada controller? 

It's under (Global View>Maintenance>Backup >export);

Please send the file to  smb.support@tp-link.com, please also include this forum link.

Options
a week ago

@Vincent-TP 

Yes It happens every time I click "save"

I have tried to send my config file but the email address you have quoted is rejected with the following error message : smb.support@tp-link.com 
"Your message was rejected by the recipient's domain because the recipient's email address isn't listed in the domain's directory"

Thanks Lee...

Options
a week ago
Hi, please check your inbox, I created a support ticket for you, the ID is TKID240924598
Options
a week ago

@Vincent-TP 

It won't let me export it to a file. That option is grayed out. It will only let me export it to a file server. 

Options
a week ago

@Vincent-TP Inbox on this forum? Where is it? I clicked my name in upper right corner and there is nothing under the "messages" section and I don't see any "inbox" section? Also, is there an area to view the ticket and the progress on it?

Options
a week ago

@dcf1999 

Hi, the ticket came to me in my email (the address i'm registered on this forum with). I managed to get the config file from my OC200 to my pc without an issue and i've updated the ticket with my config file....

Cheers

Lee...

Options
a week ago

@MantonL I did not get any ticket info yet in my email. Who do I contact to get it from?0

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 238

Replies: 15

Related Articles