Festa line EOL

Festa line EOL

Festa line EOL
Festa line EOL
Friday - last edited Saturday

hallo all

I have to replace my ASUS routers as they're after 5 years reaching the EOL and no FW will be released.

I'm sick to replace every 4-5 years the perfectly functioning hardware, so I'm looking for alternatives as the SMB devices from Asus have only 5 years support too.

my first pick is TP-Link as I have in my house a MESH WiFi based on Deco 4 (abandoning the Asus MESH)

my question is: what is the planned EOL for Festa devices?

or should I go in direction of pfSense? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Festa line EOL
Monday

Hi  @ZoloN 

Festa is a new product line, no EOL plans at the moment. And we also have 5 years warranty.

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

hallo @Vincent-TP 

my question was not about HW warranty, but about duration of firmware support.

again - I'm tired to forcefully change internet facing routers (which have no problem from HW point of view) just because firmware support reached the end. this is absolutely not environmentally friendly. my personal observation is, when a new hardware survives the first 2 months, it will with high probability run forever (except flash chips with limited number of write cycles).

and, of course, I don't trust any ISP branded router, as their FW upgrade cycle is absolutely unknown and there could be lot of vulnerabilities.

/BR

/ZoloN

Options
Tuesday

Hi  @ZoloN 

You may have a look on TP-Link End-of-Life Policy

Options
Yesterday

hi @Vincent-TP 

I red this one - there are no timeframes mentioned.

I can only assume, that time between EOM and EOS is HW warranty legth of three years (Omada has 5 years warranty). there is nothing about how long is(will be) the product marketed.

/BR

ZoloN

Options
Yesterday

Hi  @ZoloN 

No one plans to discontinue a product when it is first released on the market.

Unfortunately,  we don't have the information you need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 70

Replies: 5

Related Articles