Request feature to skip logging of TCP SYN Packet Attack

Votes

Tuesday
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.14.26.1

I am requesting a feature to ignore (i.e., not log) TCP SYN packet attacks. Like many others, I seem to be the victim of constant TCP SYN packet attacks. The Omada router is capable of dropping this traffic when "Block TCP Scan with RST" is enabled. However, this leads to excessive pollution of the router logs, and the log entries themselves provide no useful information for troubleshooting beyond indicating that the event occurred.

I would like the option for the router to drop these packets without logging them. Specifically, an option such as "Do not log TCP SYN Packet Attacks" would be ideal. An even better solution might be a more granular configuration of the logging subsystem, though I understand that would likely require more development work.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Request feature to skip logging of TCP SYN Packet Attack
Wednesday

Hi @Kelemvor 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You might wanna take a look at the log settings?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 42

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.