ER7412-MR not logging

ER7412-MR not logging

ER7412-MR not logging
ER7412-MR not logging
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday
Model: ER7412-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I cannot fnd a way to turn on logging for my ER7412-M2.  It is managed by Omada software controller (version 5.14.26.1) and I have enabled remote logging in the Site Settings screen on Omada. The Omada controller and my three EAP-225s that it manages are all sending syslog entries to my Synology syslog server without a problem.  The ER is also managed by Omada but is not logging and I can find no way to activate logging.

Options
4 Reply
Re:ER7412-MR not logging
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @sparkles 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is expected behavior.

When it is managed by the controller, and you access the page, you'll see the reason why.

Regardless of what settings you have enabled, it does not allow you to access the standalone(web) page anymore.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Yesterday

Thanks  @Clive_A 

Yes - I understand that the controller UI replaces the standalone device management UI.

What I am expecting to see are informational and error messages relating to the gateway functions.  For example, if I physically disconnect my ISP connection from the ER (thus losing all internet connectivity) there are no error messages sent to the syslog server.  When the threat detection function detects a threat - that is not sent to the syslog server.  The EAPs and Controller both send log entries to the syslog server but i have seen none at all from the ER gateway.

Options
Yesterday

Hi @sparkles 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

sparkles wrote

Thanks  @Clive_A 

Yes - I understand that the controller UI replaces the standalone device management UI.

What I am expecting to see are informational and error messages relating to the gateway functions.  For example, if I physically disconnect my ISP connection from the ER (thus losing all internet connectivity) there are no error messages sent to the syslog server.  When the threat detection function detects a threat - that is not sent to the syslog server.  The EAPs and Controller both send log entries to the syslog server but i have seen none at all from the ER gateway.

I see. You mean Remote Log.

Some features you described are not included in the remote log. DPI and IDS. The count and log are stored on the controller and displayed there.

A similar post was made before to log detailed iptable and triggers of the firewall. We have not supported this yet. You may vote on the request page.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/671998

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Yesterday

Thanks for explaining that @Clive_A .  yes I will add a commemt to the other post Thanks.

Options