VIGI Security Manager 1.6.96

Yesterday - last edited 22 hours ago
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.96

hello

this is my first vigi cam.  been and still using plenty tapo cameras.

i am happy that vigi has windows app VSM.

after installing the latest version 1.6.96, i found that the app consumed 100% CPU and really slowed down my PC.

after i killed VSM, PC is back to normal

after reading other threads, i am going to try version 1.6.51, which according to user comments, consumes normal CPU resources.

is TP Link  aware of the problem?

tq

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: VIGI Security Manager 1.6.96-Solution

Hi @din66h 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I upgraded two computers with the latest version. I don't see a problem with the 100% CPU usage or slowness.

Are you sure it is not a problem with your computer specs?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re: VIGI Security Manager 1.6.96-Solution

Hi @din66h 

I upgraded two computers with the latest version. I don't see a problem with the 100% CPU usage or slowness.

Are you sure it is not a problem with your computer specs?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re: VIGI Security Manager 1.6.96

@Clive_A  hi,

my computer specs are ok.  i am also using ispy for local Tapo cameras and MSI app player (bluestack) to run Tapo android app locally for remote Tapo cameras.

i am happy with version 1.6.51 resources consumption.

thanks for your response. 

guess when newer version is out, will give it a try

regards.

Options
23 hours ago - last edited 22 hours ago

@din66h 

"is TP Link  aware of the problem?"

Yes, he aware. I have approx. I reported the problem to support in April when v1.6.71 was released. I also sent screenshots, a very detailed description and justification.
Their answer: "In the version 1.6.71, we optimized the calculation of CPU usage, now the CPU usage displayed on VIGI Security Manager should be same as the usage displayed on the Windows Task Manager. Upon receiving your feedback, I tried several PCs, the usage looks normal and exactly same as the task manager."

The quote is copied from the support response email. April 07.

I wrote in vain that this is not the case - not even in later versions. We think everything is fine.
Since this anomaly appears not only to me, but apparently to others as well, I think that the optimization they wrote in version 1.6.71 was simply not successful and they do not acknowledge this. That's it.
This is not a camera or NVR or PC issue! The Vigi Security Manager is simply faulty! It is still good until v1.6.51, but in later updates (1.6.71 and later) it shows 100% CPU usage.

Options
23 hours ago - last edited 22 hours ago

Hi @Hevesi_J 

Hevesi_J wrote

@din66h 

"is TP Link  aware of the problem?"

Yes, he aware. I have approx. I reported the problem to support in April when v1.6.71 was released. I also sent screenshots, a very detailed description and justification.
Their answer: "In the version 1.6.71, we optimized the calculation of CPU usage, now the CPU usage displayed on VIGI Security Manager should be same as the usage displayed on the Windows Task Manager. Upon receiving your feedback, I tried several PCs, the usage looks normal and exactly same as the task manager."

The quote is copied from the support response email. April 07.

I wrote in vain that this is not the case - not even in later versions. We think everything is fine.
Since this anomaly appears not only to me, but apparently to others as well, I think that the optimization they wrote in version 1.6.71 was simply not successful and they do not acknowledge this. That's it.
This is not a camera or NVR or PC issue! The Vigi Security Manager is simply faulty! It is still good until v1.6.51, but in later updates (1.6.71 and later) it shows 100% CPU usage.

Constantly at 100%, you would not even launch any program at all. The computer will completely become unusable.

Place a task manager right before you launch the VIGI last version or the current 1.6.96.

None of them constantly run at 100%. It might surge to 100% but that's a reading from your computer's overall performance. Not mean the program itself spikes and takes up all the cores and threads.

If you have more cameras, you might have a high usage to load up all the cameras at the launch because it will connect to all the cameras you have connected. This is not making a full picture and we don't reproduce from the rep you emailed with. Nor from my tests on multiple computers.

Options
22 hours ago

@Clive_A 

On the VSM interface v1.6.71 and later (the icon next to the disk icon in the upper right corner) continuously! It shows 100% CPU usage. The Task manager approx. 10-15%, which is correct value.
In 1.6.51, these two values ​​are approx. same: 10-15%
I wrote this in detail to the support, but even then the only answer was that they had no problem.
But you, as a supporter, also write that it's fine for you. You know exactly that this is not a unique problem, because there was already a topic about it. 

That's all I was able to help: I ​​accurately reported and documented the problem months ago. I wrote all the information to support (screenshots, HW/SW environment, etc.).

If you don't understand (or don't want to understand) what the problem is, I'm sorry.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 62

Replies: 5

Related Articles