Powering 4 EAP215 Wireless Bridges and an SG2005P-PD

16 hours ago - last edited 14 hours ago
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a central outdoor location where I will mount 4 EAP215 Wireless Bridge radios to link 4 distant buildings' networks.  I plan to use an SG2005P-PD to connect the radios together and I have a question about what PoE injector I should use.

The EAP215's power consumption is 11.5W (46W total), and the SG2005P-PD's budget is only 44W if using a 60W injector (TL-PoE170S) so I understand it would be inadequate -BUT- 2 of the buildings are only 100-200 yards away. 

Does the EAP215 allow me to turn down the radio's volume, thereby lowering the power requirements for the device?

Would I then have adequate power for the system from a 60W TL-PoE170S?

Is it better to have a PoE power supply rated further above the required power for the longevity of the supply or should it last plenty long enough at full draw?

Also, If I put the PoE injector into a small protective job box mounted next to an electric service panel (not in the shade) might it cause problems if it overheats or gets too cold? (This is in Ohio, so it's not like Arizona desert heat or Alaskan deep freeze.)

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powering 4 EAP215 Wireless Bridges and an SG2005P-PD
9 hours ago - last edited 9 hours ago

Hi  @BaumsTech 

Does the EAP215 allow me to turn down the radio's volume, thereby lowering the power requirements for the device?

>>>Yes, we can do that, lowering the signal strength will consume a little less energy accordingly, but we are not sure of the exact value of the reduction. 

PoE budget calculations are based on laboratory testing. The actual PoE power budget is not guaranteed and will vary as a result of client limitations and environmental factors.

You may install as you planned, if you failed to get a sufficient and stable power supply, you may install one TL-POE160S for each EAP, or use one more SG2005P-PD.

For the temperature, please go to TP-Link official website, and search the model number, go to the specification page. Every product will list Environment specs, such as below:

Options
Re:Powering 4 EAP215 Wireless Bridges and an SG2005P-PD
2 hours ago

@Vincent-TP 

Great, Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 40

Replies: 2

Related Articles