Power outage caused EAP650 and EAP673 to disconnect

a week ago
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

First of all, i'm remote from the location where my EAPs are installed, so don't have physical access currently, but I would still like to get a handle on what's going on. There was a power outage at my property yesterday and after power was restored, both my EAPs were in a disconnected state.

Both of these EAPs as well as my OC200 controller are powered by a TP-Link 5 port POE switch (LS105GP), and everything has been running fine for a few weeks while I was out of the country. But after the power outage, the OC200 came back online (so switch still has power), but both of the EAPs remained disconnected. I could access the controller via mobile app and cloud, but it showed both EAPs as "disconnected".

I was able to remote control a PC that was hardwired, and could see everything on my networks was back, except the EAPs were not online.. couldn't ping them or see them via nmap. Via a remote camera I could see the light on one of the EAPs was on as it usually is.  I tried to 'forget' the EAP650 to see if I could re-add, it but after removing it never showed up again.

I know there was an issue with weather bands (supposedly fixed in firmware) that caused a disconnect loop, but I wasn't using those bands and was running the latest firwmare on both my EAPs and Controller.  The cables are new Cat7 cables, and they were working fine until this power outage.  The fact that both went offline at the exact same time, and I have no way to get them back, is very worrying. The whole point of moving to an Omada system was the remote monitoring and control capability as i'm often not able to phyiscally access the property for months at a time.  Luckily in this case, i was able to turn on WIFI on a router that is my setup to temporarily get some WIFI signal to IoT devices that need it, but I'm very dissapointed in TP-Link/Omada at this point. How is this enterprise level equipment when it can't even automatically recover from a simple power outage?

Is this a known issue? What can be done to resolve this going forward?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Power outage caused EAP650 and EAP673 to disconnect
Tuesday
Bump!
Options
Re:Power outage caused EAP650 and EAP673 to disconnect
Yesterday

@rhuk 

I believe this has something to do with the access point end. You can see if the unit can be better activated after the power outage. After the power outage, you can try manually rebooting the access point. I do not hear other user have the same feedback.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 54

Replies: 2

Related Articles