Site Time

Site Time

Site Time
Site Time
Yesterday

After modifing the wifi time schedule for the kids I discovered that the controler and the Site do not share the same Time.

DST is configured on the controler but not for the only site I have. It's not a big deal, and I understand for people managing several sites.

But what is a big deal is that you have nowhere where the Site time is displayed.

For the controler, it's already well hidden in the settings -> system settings (IF you are on global display)

I was expecting to find the Site's Time in the same place : Settings -> Site -> configuration (IF you are on the site display) but it's not.

You end up configuring schedule and DST being blind.

It's clearly a problem that need to be adressed. Time and date should always be displayed in the top bar.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Site Time
18 hours ago

@Vincent33 ,

Controller Settings:

Site Settings:

Options
18 hours ago

@EricPerl 

I know where to find the settings.

What I can't find it's somewhere to read the actual time of the site.

Whenever to check if the time is right, if the NTP settings worked, if the DST settings worked etc.

Options
14 hours ago

@Vincent33 ,

Ah, I get it now.

Couple observations as I looked around:

The site's dashboard is showing some stats on a time scale in the site's time zone...

It's a workaround.

Note that I believe the controller adjusts the display accordingly. It's all the UI of the controller afterwards.

It's not like the site has actual compute that can get and hold time...

I also dropped into the CLI of one of my switches (now there's compute resources there).

You can do from the tools too (you might need to enable ssh first).

X Switch>enable
X Switch#show system-time
 Current time source : Manual
 Current system time : Sat Oct 5 12:54:08 2024
X Switch#exit
X Switch>exit
Terminal device is disconnected.

Somewhat surprisingly, time is set manually, probably via the controller.

I temporarily changed the site setting to UTC and it was promptly reflected on the switch too.

I didn't immediately find a way to get the device time in the UI (the time used in device stats is probably controller adjusted).

If you're turning SSIDs on and off, given it's also a standalone feature, I assume the processing is done locally on the AP.

Only the source of the schedule differs when the AP is Omada managed. I also assume they are set in local time.

HTH

HTH

Options
13 hours ago

@Vincent33 ,

And FWIW, I agree that the UI should at least display the time zone by the DST indicator at the top of the UI.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 43

Replies: 4

Related Articles