Omada controller software

Sunday - last edited 7 hours ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.6

Hi,  after ignoring my dependable two AP setup for 18 months I decided to update firmware etc. as well as buying a Vigor modem.  I've worked my way through the 605 and AP reset and firmware updates and downloaded the latest Omada software to run on my ancient Windows 10 laptop.  I'm on 5.14.26.1.  It installs and runs for the first time but after that I get the following error from Adobe;

Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'local-starter-5.14.26.1.jar' because it is either not a supported file ype or because the file has been damaged ...

I've repaired my copy of Acrobat to no effect.   All ideas welcome.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada controller software-Solution
7 hours ago - last edited 7 hours ago

Hi @BruntiMan 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

.jar should be opened with the Java instead of the Adobe.

Did you recently install Adobe which might change the associated suffix and open-with?

You should change this in your Windows system default app.

If this persists, you might refer to the guide:

What should I do if I cannot start the Omada Controller in windows system (Controller 4.1.5 or above)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada controller software-Solution
7 hours ago - last edited 7 hours ago

Hi @BruntiMan 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

.jar should be opened with the Java instead of the Adobe.

Did you recently install Adobe which might change the associated suffix and open-with?

You should change this in your Windows system default app.

If this persists, you might refer to the guide:

What should I do if I cannot start the Omada Controller in windows system (Controller 4.1.5 or above)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 35

Replies: 1

Related Articles